11) A ferret in Denial

Author's quick note: so I'm finally on the fifth year and I'm gonna take it slower than before. If it's not to your liking then I apologise. I'd be glad to know the problems so feel free to pm me and inform your dislike or suggestions.

your Votes and comments and time on reading this is much appreciated guys ❤️
______________________________________________

Fifth year

When a bunch of teenagers had bigger balls than grown men.
______________________________________________

Adelina's Pov

Hate, Rage, Betrayal, Fear, Pain, Shock, Pressure, Humiliation, Madness, Grief.
All came at once in a nice bomb that exploded in my face before my fifth year at Hogwarts.

That summer when I set foot inside my house, it didn't feel like a house anymore. Because my family didn't seem like a family anymore.
Family was too much of a sacred word for this morass of lies and torture.

Mum seemed unshaken by the events at school, her indifference had a significant growth comparing to that of last year. But instead a vague fear was there to be seen.
I loathed and loved my parents with an equal amount.
And I tried my best not to show my gratitude of being left in the dark or lied to.
But next week I lost it at the mention of our beloved golden retriever guest.

Though I should apologize to all Golden retrievers and blondes for that statement.

Aka, Daddy's blondie bff from good old days of murder and death feasts, Mr fricking flip my sunshine hair upon my midnight cloak.

I dashed towards father's study when I heard Mr Malfoy had come but stopped the second I heard his deep voice airing something.

"The dark lord will require that prophecy and it's on you to locate it. I'll inform the others to gather at my manor for an efficient plan on what to do with the Potter boy."

I couldn't help but smirk and walk right through the door. There stood Mr Malfoy, exactly the same I'd met him every time, cold and intimidating.
But father looked furious at my abrupt action.

"What an unpleasant surprise Mr. Malfoy. Came to kill another boy?" I scoffed not minding the murder glares father sent or Malfoy's steel stare.

"Oh where are my manners sir!? perhaps you'd like some Earl gray tea before plotting another abortive plan against a fourteen year old too big for your blonde grasps?"

"Silence Adelina!" Father bellowed in rage, his face now flushed.

Well what do you know? He does have the appearance of someone who just swallowed death.

"It's okay Alfred. Clearly the girl is shaken by recent events." He came to stand before me.

"Draco has told me about your little duel at school, I'd be most disappointed with my son if I hadn't watched him prove to be a great dueller everyday myself. but it seems you also have the talents required."

I don't think I had a very pleasant expression with one eyebrow raised in a smouldering manner, my eyes perhaps colder than his.

"So might I suggest that you take good care of them before your tongue takes them to your grave young one."

"Choose your alliance wisely and stay on the right side girl, that way you'll get to see another day and watch your powers grow. Isn't that what you truly wish for?"

"Alfred." He nodded before giving me one last glare and then disapparated in a blink. The second he left father flared up.

"How dare you behave that way Adelin?!"