33) Shouting Eyes/Screaming thoughts/Grim Malfoy Manor Part 2

A/N: Guys, writing this chapter and the previous one took me a really long time, so I kindly ask that please don't just skip and then wonder what happened. I know it's a bit long but I didn't want you guys to wait any longer so for another update. So.
Love y'all.

_____________________________________________

Adelina's Pov

"You know.... for a sneaky snake, you're one horrible liar, little girl." In an obviously challenging tone layered with suspicion, Sirius smirked.

"What?" I blurted out, a fainy knot slowly creasing my forehead.

"You're not okay, kid or at least your body says so. This face of yours is too pale to be labeled as even nearly okay." He sighed impassively as he crossed his arms in front of his chest, his judging eyes remained on me.
"You barely touch your meals and you've been sick for the past two weeks. I couldn't care less but if you're about to die please give everyone a heads up. I've been framed for too many deaths I'm starting to feel like Grim Ripper. A very handsome one though but still." Somebow he managed to say that with a straight face.

A soft chuckle of relief ran through my throat as I rearranged a bit of my messed up hair.
"I'll write a Howler for everyone to know, sir. But honestly I'm okay. It's just... I've had this stupid ridiculous illness since I was a kid and it sometimes just jumps out." Trying to stay calm, I made out the words.

"And what's that?" Tilting his head a little, he asked.

"Some sort of Psychogenic vomiting issue. It's nothing really. Just a bloody tickle to the stomach that pops up once or twice every two months only to embarrass me."

"I don't know what that is and I honestly don't want to but if you wish, we can always arrange a healer for you." Candidly and with no mischief, he offered.

"Thanks but that's not even necessary. I'll be fine." I tried to shrug it off.
The thought of a healer going through my mind and memories terrified me to my core.

"Alright then. Anyway it'll take quite a while for me to get done with this place. You better go up and sleep."

"Can I ... stay and help?" Fiddling with my sleeve, I tried to sound calm and not desperate. Even though I desperately wanted to avoid getting sucked in my head's whirlpool of unpleasant thoughts.

Regarding my expression now without any trace of humor in his face, he raised his a listless eyebrow.
"Not with this sulking mug you can't." He groaned annoyed.

My lips didn't move a muscle in his reply.
Did I suck that much at covering my misery?

"When I said you're not fine, I didn't just mean physically.
Why are you so beat down like a bug stepped over? Because of your little teen drama today?
I'm sure someone as smart as you had already figured what happened today was bound to happen from the very first moment you stepped in here, kiddo."
a bit too bluntly, Sirius muttered, his jaded look indicating he definitely expected Draco's tantrum.

My silence lingered on. I was offended a bit and he'd suddenly caught me off guard but there was no use in denying the truth anyway.