Chapter 1

~Jimin's POV~

"Namjoonie, what are you doing?" I asked, bouncing up to my boyfriend's side. The alpha smiled down at me and patted me on the head.

"I'm studying, Jimin." He replied, and I smiled.

"Can I stay with you for a while? I don't want to walk home alone." I asked, taking a seat next to him at a table in the library. People were filing in and out quickly, most leaving. It was thirty minutes after school had ended. Namjoon had some studying he wanted to do in the library. I wanted to stay with him so we could walk home together. We lived a few streets away from each other, so we often walked home together. Lately, there has been a rise in crime against omegas in the area, and I would be lying if I said it didn't make me nervous.

Namjoon smiled at me. "Of course."

I smiled and hugged his arm affectionately, before I rested my head on the table and closed my eyes, listening to the soft scritch scratching of his pencil as he wrote on a piece of paper. I enjoyed the summer's wind that slowly blew in from the open window next to me, breathing in the warm air. I relaxed, allowing myself to enjoy the peaceful afternoon with my alpha.

I felt Namjoon's eyes land on my small frame a couple of times before I felt his big hand run down my thigh. I shivered at his touch. He didn't touch me like that very often. He knew that I wasn't ready for a commitment of that sort; Namely, being marked. We hadn't mated. I wouldn't even stay behind closed doors with him. It wasn't because I thought he would do something to me; Rather, it just made me nervous. He could devour me if he really wanted to. I knew he wasn't like that, but alphas had always scared me. They're so much bigger and stronger than us omegas that it's hard not to cower in their presence. I was a male omega, which was a bit of a rarity, so alphas would often try to hurt me. Many described me as delicate. Some wanted to shower me with love, like Namjoon. Be kind to me and give me the world. Others wanted to break me. Snap me in two like a twig and bend me to their will, and do their every bidding. There were more that wanted to harm me than care for me, and I knew it.

I was afraid.

To be honest, Namjoon was more of a friend to me than anything. We were officially boyfriends, yes, but I didn't think of him like that. We grew up together. I never knew that he had a crush on me until he confessed. Right after he had rescued me from a couple of troublemaking alphas. As much as I hate to admit it, I agreed to be with him so I could be protected. Most alphas wouldn't mess with you if they thought another alpha was after you. Well, let me rephrase that: They wouldn't mess with Namjoon's omega. Namjoon was big, even for an alpha. He was strong, too. Very strong. And he protected me well.

Though, despite being his boyfriend only for protection, I was happy with him. He treated me right and never pushed me into anything. He was sweet and made sure I was always comfortable. So when I said, "Please don't touch my thigh..." He obeyed my wishes and removed his hand from my thigh.

"Sorry." He mumbled. "You look...so cute."

I blushed, and said, "Namjoonie, don't call me cute..."

"You're cute." He said anyway, and I pouted. He chuckled, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers. "Very cute."

"Stop calling me cute..." 

He smiled and leaned over to kiss my temple, making me blush again. 

"Namjoon!"

"Yeah yeah, I know. Stop calling you cute and stop kissing you. I get it." He smiled, before letting go of my hand and patting my shoulder. "Let's head home then, shall we? I can study more at home."

"Okay," I said with a big smile. We both stood up and he gently took my hand and held it as we left the library and began the walk home.

When we got to my house, Namjoon gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek. "See you tomorrow, Jimin."