Chapter 20

My jaw dropped as my eyes followed the two. I couldn't hear what they were talking about, but the giggle of what I assumed to be an omega was loud and clear. I felt the overwhelming urge to cry as I watched Yoongi lead the omega who had the most annoying dying rat giggle I've ever heard further into the cafeteria. The second I felt a tear fall down and land on my hand, I stood up and rushed out of the cafeteria. I could hear the others calling my name and wondering where I was going, but I ignored them. Once I was out of the cafeteria I ran to the nearest bathroom and locked myself inside, trying to stop my tears that wouldn't stop falling. Fucking hell, there's no way I'm so attached to Yoongi that I'm crying this much!

Before I knew it, the bell rang. I sniffled loudly and tried to clean up my face a bit, but the puffy red eyes and runny nose wouldn't go away. I sighed, knowing I had to go to class. I had an important test in this class. Why do tests days always have to be bad days? Whether you didn't study and that's why it's bad, or something horrible happened and you're too emotionally stressed and flunk because you can't think.

I sucked it up though, and walked to class with my head down. I opened the door to the classroom a second after the bell rang, and my heart sank whenever I stepped in. Everyone turned to look at me, including Namjoon, Hoseok and Taehyung. I tried to cover my face by not making eye contact, but the teacher called my name. "You'e late, Jimin."

"I--" I tried to explain myself, but she interrupted me.

"Detention. Go sit down." She spat, and I quietly whimpered before I obediently went to sit down. Before I even sat, Namjoon stood up abruptly and picked up his pencil bag. He made sure to zip it up, before he threw it hard, narrowly missing the teacher's head. The teacher was so stunned that she just stared at him with wide eyes.

"Do I have detention?" He asked with a serious frown.

"For a week." She spat, and Namjoon looked satisfied as he sat back down. He winked at me when I looked at him. To my surprise, Hoseok and Taehyung stood up too.

Hoseok yelled, "You're a bitch!"

Taehyung threw his eraser at the teacher and hit her square in the forehead.

"SIT DOWN!" The teacher screamed, and both boys sat down immediately. "BOTH OF YOU, DETENTION FOR A WEEK. AND YOU BETTER MARCH YOUR ASSES TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE BEFORE I TAKE YOU THERE MYSELF. GOT IT?" She yelled, scaring everyone in the classroom. Hoseok and Taehyung sent me a grin before they quickly gather their things and rushed out of the room.

I tried not to smile at the fact that the three alphas had gotten into trouble just so they would be with me during detention. Whenever class was over, Namjoon walked with me to the detention room, all the while on his phone texting someone, I assume Seokjin. Whenever we got into the detention room, we found Taehyung and Hoseok already there. Luckily, detention in this school was just a bunch of students locked in a room for an hour. Unsupervised. Stupid and unsafe, but what else could I expect from my school anyway?

We sat down beside the two, and the second Namjoon and I were seated Taehyung asked, "Jiminie, are you okay?"

Hoseok kicked his shin and Namjoon glared at him. "You're supposed to ease into these kinds of subjects, moron!" Hoseok hissed.

"But--"

"I'm fine guys." I said, and the three turned to me.

Hoseok hugged me. "No you're not, Jiminie..." He whined. "You were crying in the bathroom, weren't you?" He curled his lip, and I shook my head.

"No, I wasn't. I just had to go somewhere."

"You suck at lying, Jimin. What happened?" Namjoon took my hand and looked at me expectantly, but before I could answer the door opened. The four of us turned to look at who was at the door curiously, and my heart dropped whenever I saw Yoongi and a teacher. He frowned whenever he saw us, but didn't say anything.