Chapter 3

The next day, Namjoon was absent. He had caught the flu bad, and his omega mom wouldn't let him do anything. My dad drove me to school, and I stuck close to Taehyung, a big alpha that was friends with Namjoon. He was sweet, and despite being an alpha, he was a big softie.

I sat with Taehyung and his friend Hoseok during lunch, another sweet alpha. The two didn't have mates, but neither seemed to be worried about it either. They both laughed and joked throughout lunch, and I tried growling at them whenever they playfully began to snatch bites of my lunch, though I wasn't going to be able to finish it all anyway. They teased me, and I eventually gave up and let them have the rest of it. They savored the taste of my mom's cooking, and whenever the bell rang, neither got up, as they were still scarfing down the meal.

I giggled at their ravenous behavior. "I'm going to head back to class." I said with a smile, and the two boys nodded at me.

"I'll be there in a minute. If you need me, just scream." Taehyung said with a big, boxy grin. I nodded, and left the cafeteria. The hallway was surprisingly empty already, with only about two other people in the hall. I headed back towards class, it being on the second floor and the cafeteria being on the first. As I rounded a corner that led to the stairs, I walked right into someone that had been standing at the corner.

I fell flat on my butt. I looked up at who I had bumped into, a sheepish look on my face. "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were there."

The person was an alpha. More specifically, the alpha that had been watching me yesterday in the cafeteria. Whenever he looked down at me, he recognized me. He growled at me, and I whimpered. I scrambled to get up, and as I retreated to go back to Taehyung, I heard him mutter, "Stupid omega."

My heart sank whenever I heard his rather loud footsteps pursuing. I yelped whenever I was slammed against the wall, and pinned there by the alpha.

"Where do you think you're going?" He growled, and I whimpered. He looked pleased with my fearful expression, and he leaned closer. "You..." He leaned his head down and took in a deep breath, smelling my neck. "You smell so sweet, omega." He licked my neck, making me gasp and whimper louder. He growled and spat, "Shut up, you bitch!" He snapped, and I immediately stopped whimpering. He grabbed me by my jaw and began to inspect my face. "It is nice to be able to see your pretty face without having to worry about that bastard Namjoon seeing us."

I tried to growl at him for calling Namjoon a bastard, but he growled back, making me whimper again. He leaned forward and whispered in my ear. "The sooner you learn to be submissive to me baby, the better your life will be. Let me tell you something. You're going to be mine. You don't have a choice. As soon as Namjoon is out of the way."

"What?" I gasped out as he tightened his grip on my jaw, pushing my head back against the wall, exposing my neck. He licked my neck over my scent gland, and I whimpered.

He turned my head again, making me look into his eyes. They were glowing amber. Just like the alpha's from last night. The realization made me think that maybe he was the one I'd seen. I couldn't see his face in the dark. Just his eyes. But those eyes were unmistakably his. His face got so close to mine, I could feel his warm breath hitting my face.

"I've been tolerating seeing you with Namjoon enough. I'm sick of him. I'll be waiting for your heat, omega. The second it hits, I'll be there to take you away from him. You'll bear my pups. You're perfect for the job." He grumbled, before he smirked as he smelt my fear scent. "I love the smell of you." He said quietly, before he released me and walked away down the hall back the way he came.

I stood there for a good minute, just trying to process what had happened. I shook my head, and quickly hurried back to my class.

I need to find out who that alpha is. Once I know who he is, I can figure out more about him. And it will be all the more easier to avoid him with information.