Chapter 34: Hoseok & Minjae

"Are you ready?" I called from the front door as I slipped on my jacket. I heard a loud whimper and a quiet thud, before Minjae rushed out of his room.

"I-I'm coming!" He whined, and I chuckled.

"Are you okay? What was that noise?" I asked as I helped him into his jacket. I turned him around and zipped it up for him as he explained.

"I almost fell, but I caught myself." He said with a giggle.

I frowned. "Be careful, Minnie. You're carrying a pup."

"I-I know..." He blushed whenever I thoughtfully caressed his belly, before I wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

I smiled at him. "Let's go now or we're gonna be late."

"Okay." He mumbled. I could sense how nervous the omega was. I knew he was scared to know if the pup was mine or his step brother's. Honestly, I was scared too. I know I'd told him that I would care for him and his pup regardless of if the pup was mine or not. But the thought of having to be the father of someone else's pup honestly...didn't appeal. At all.

But I wanted to be good to Minjae. And being good to Minjae, to me, meant helping him care for his pup.

Being the biological father was just a plus.

Whenever we got to the doctor's office, we made it just in time for the doctor to call us in. Minjae held me hand nervously and followed close behind me as I led him. The nurse was swift in getting dna samples from us both, and before we knew it, we were waiting for the results. Unfortunately, we wouldn't have the results until tomorrow. So I took Minjae home and the small omega followed me around quietly. I didn't mind as he trailed after me. I decided to spend awhile cleaning the apartment, and he followed me like a puppy and helped me whenever he thought I needed it. It took all my willpower to not coo at the omega.

About an hour later, the house was clean(er) than it was. Minjae followed me into my room, where I grabbed some clothes. He watched me curiously and followed me into the bathroom.

"Are you gonna follow me into the shower, too?" I asked, and he blushed.

"N-No..." He quickly shook his head, and I smirked.

"Why not? We're both guys." I stepped closer to him, backing him up against the wall, and he watched with his big innocent doe eyes as my fingertips brushed the rim of his shirt. I smirked as I lifted his shirt up over his belly, and gently caressed his baby bump. I hadn't actually seen his baby bump before, because his shirts were typically much bigger than his body. The omega liked to wear baggy clothes, particularly my old pairs, and they covered the frame of his body. But as I lifted the shirt, I could see the bump clearly. I gulped as I stared at it, and I averted my eyes upward to look at his expression.

He was smiling and blushing as I touched his bump. Whenever he noticed me watching him, he shyly asked, "Do I look really fat like this?"

I frowned and shook my head. "You look beautiful, Minnie. There is nothing an alpha finds more attractive than seeing their mate carrying their pups."

He blushed and smiled again. "But we aren't...mates. And we still don't know if the pup is yours or not..."

"Just because we don't know if the pup is biologically mine or not, doesn't mean I won't claim it as mine. And you, Minnie, are definitely mine. I'll stake a claim on you right now." I said, and teasingly kissed his neck over his scent gland. He giggled as I littered his soft skin with kisses, placing his hands on my shoulders and halfheartedly pushing me away.

"Alpha, stop it!" He giggled, and I chuckled. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed over his scent gland, longer this time.

I took a deep breath and inhaled his scent, before I trailed my kisses up to his jaw. I kissed his earlobe before I mumbled in his ear, "You are mine." I kissed his jaw before I kissed his cheekbone, pressing my forehead against his and smiling at him. "And so is your pup. I want you both. I won't claim you tonight, Minnie. But I will. Soon."

He smiled at my words. "I'll be waiting then." He said with a blush. "I...really hope you're the father."

"So do I." I mumbled, before I cupped his cheeks and kissed his nose. "Now then, if you don't leave in the next few seconds, I'm taking you into the shower with me."

He immediately retreated from the bathroom, making me chuckle at his cute waddle.

Whenever I was finished with my shower and was dressed, I went back into my room to find Minjae curled up on my bed, sleeping. I smiled softly at his angelic face, before I turned off the bedroom light and carefully crawled into bed next to him. I wrapped my arms around him and cuddled him, eventually going to sleep myself.