The Starts of Uncertainty

16. Just A Little More

...

I don't know how long I've been standing in front of the bathroom door, my eyes are fixed on the person leaning in the headboard, she's too engrossed in the book she's reading kaya hindi niya ako napansin. I bit my lower lip to suppress myself from grinning, she's so adorable with those eyeglasses. I don't know what makes her change her mind para pumayag na mag-stay sa hotel and I can't bring myself to ask. As long as she's with me I think that's enough.

"Hamlet?" I mumbled as I walked towards her. "I don't like the whole story"

"Just because its a tragedy?" she asked without glancing at me.

I crept into bed and poked her cheeks. I chucked when she glared at me.

"You're so cute" mahinang sambit ko.

She averted her eyes and for a second I saw another side of her.

"You blushed" I mused.

"I did not"

"There's nothing wrong if you would admit you did" I teased so received another glare from her.

I can't helped but to chuckle, she's undeniably adorable.

"Hamlet never loved Ophelia, he mistreated the person who did nothing but loved him, he's a total jackass. I just hate his character"

"Forty thousand brothers could not with all their quantity of love make up my sum" she phrased from the book that amused me.

"Hindi ka pa rin ba naniniwala?"

"No, because if he truly loved her he wouldn't asked her to went to convent, he should have just abandon his vengeance"

Re closed the book she's reading and place it in the side table.

"But we cannot say he never loved Ophelia just because of that" aniya habang inalis ang suot nitong salamin at nilagay sa taas ng libro.

"Are we really having a debate if he really did love her or not?" natatatawang tanong ko.

"In any case, I will never be like Hamlet or Ophelia, who easily get swayed by madness and foolishly took her own life. I will fight and do everything in my power to protect what we have" I whispered and rested my forehead on hers. 

She has an addicting morning scent mixed of lavender. I closed my eyes as I feel her innocent lips on mine. And everything cease to exist in my head.

I almost forget to breath when she starts kissing me back. Our lips are moving in sync, my hands travel in her body, to feel her warm. My heart is pounding hard. She's making me crazy. She's the only one who can makes me feel like this. She has an odd personality, unreasonable beliefs, stoic looks but I love her nonetheless. People around us said that she's hard to love, then how did she went straight to my heart without knocking?

Bahagya akong tumigil para habulin ang aking hininga, I opened my eyes, her eyes are still closed while catching her breath. She slowly opened her eyes and met my gaze, I'm being drawn in her dark orbs, I'm dying to decipher the mystery behind her impassive eyes.

When I realized where my hands are I quickly jumped out of bed.

"I'm s-sorry"

What the hell did I just do? Damn it. I don't want her to think that I'm taking advantage of her and the situation. Nakaramdam ako ng kaba when she looked at me blankly. Bumangon siya mula sa pagkakahiga at hindi na ako muling tinapunan ng tingin.

Did I make her mad?

"Re I didn't--

"I'll take a shower" she said flatly and went directly to the bathroom.