The Last Glimpse

19. Just A Little More

...

Sumptuous gowns and suites, classical music, luxurious hotel, premium wine and extravagant masquerade ball where people with high social status gathered. It's an ideal night to spend yet here I am sulking in the corner. Trying to distract myself by observing how these well-known personalities flaunt their wealth.

Tumingin ako sa screen ng phone ngunit nadismaya lang nang makitang hindi pa rin sya narereply. Gusto kong idahilan na baka natutulog o hindi kaya ay abala lamang pero sino ang niloko ko? My last message is three days ago. Ayaw kong bigyan ng kahulugan ang inaakto ni Re but sometimes I can't help it. She's acting really strange. This past few days I'd notice how easily she get irritated and how she gave me cold treatment. Sinubukan ko syang kausapin tungkol dito but she denied all of it. I don't want to push further na maaaring magsanhi ng pagtatalo namin.

"Here" napaangat ako ng tingin, tinanggap ko ang wineglass na inabot ni Kyna.

Behind her mask I can sense her concern. They are aware of course since I'm very transparent to them.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

"Still no answer?"

Napailing ako.

"Sinubukan mo bang tawagan?"

I sighed. Of course I tried but the other line is out of service.

"Maybe she's really busy" pagpapagaan ni Kyna.

Lumabas ako ng hotel to clear my mind. I want to leave but the event is almost just started, my family won't be pleased if they learned na umuwi ako. Naglakad lakad ako hanggang sa makarating ako ng poolside ng hotel.

I removed my mask and closed my eyes, somehow the wind settle the ruckus in my heart.

Isang malalim na buntong hininga ang pinakawalan ko bago napagdesisyunang bumalik sa loob. Nakakaisang hakbang pa lang ako nang magsimula na namang magkagulo ang takbo ng puso ko.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Ilang metro ang layo nya sakin, she's standing staring at the night sky. Despite the mask she's wearing I clearly recognize her.

I ran to her ignoring how fast my heart beats are. Her features and her posture, I'm sure that's her.

Sinubukan ko syang tawagin pero hindi ako nito pinansin hanggang sa mawala sya sa paningin ko. Nagmamadali akong pumasok ng hotel to look for her pero nabigo ako dahil sa dami ng tao.

"What are you doing?" tanong ni Pia.

"I saw Re"

"Shan look, we understand that you miss her pero impossible yang sinasabi mo"

"No. I'm sure of it"

"I don't think so, Shan. No offense but malabong makaattend sya sa ganitong event" Alexa retorted.

Hindi ko sila pinansin nang mahagip ng mata ko ang kanina ko pang hinahanap. Once again I ran to her. Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali I know it's her.

"Re" sambit ko.

I forget to breath when she slowly turned to face me. She's wearing a black asymmetrical off-the-shoulder neckline with a high-low hem that shows a little of her legs paired with black venetian mask with the touch of gold but what really caught my attention is her eyes. It's a pair of light hazel not black. Her stares are piercing through my whole body.

"Re?" I repeated.

"Ms. Suarez, you're mother is looking for you" a butler suddenly appear from her side.