❥Tsukishima Kei [2]

❥title: should be me [2]
❥story: angst
❥warnings: none

hello cutie! I'm sorry I've been inactive lately, bUt WAIT i hAve a eXcUsE! I have a book that I'm surprisingly motivated to finish and I've been trying to come up with ideas! I have a few experiences with small writer block too so I apologise for all that :<

I still love you though <3

"Y/n-Chan..? Are you okay?" you looked up over to Yamaguchi whom was seated across you, the look on his face showed geniune apprehension. One of his hand extending to hold your trembling one's, your lips turned dry despite sipping on your drink from time to time. The feeling of thirst never leaving your throat, as if you were placed in the middle of a droughty dessert.

Judging by how the pinch server often glanced towards your body from time to time, it was safe to assume the quavering of your figure never went unnoticed and invisible to his eyes. Aware of the shakes you were doing, concerning his well-being further more.

After Tsukishima had left with his sobs, crumbled uniform along with the features on his face turning into a somewhat tensed countenance, the mixed feelings that went discernible plastered on his face was enough for you to know he was hurting for all this time. Yet never told anyone but himself. Despite being in a loving relationship with the male infront of you, you couldn't help but feel guilt washing over your state once you've witnessed what a mess the blonde man was before.

Hearing Tsukishima confessing in somewhat a way, his words never left your mind. As if it was like an endless loop of his statements going around your head, his words repeating itself once it crossed your thoughts. The thought of the blonde liking you back wasn't a assumption you would make, but seeing his blood shot red eyes from just a few minutes ago, you could tell he was being painfully geniune.

Seeing Yamaguchi anxiously shift in his seat upon hearing your silence, you looked up and gave him a reassuring smile - intertwining your hand with his, a soft small smile on your face as he seems to let relief wash over his body - seeing as you were finally responsive. "I'm okay Tadashi, I'm sorry for worrying you."

"N-no! It's okay! It really is!" he starts stammering in his sentences, leading him to a short pause after seeing you chuckle at his awkward state. "But uhm.." he starts off, his free hand going over towards the back of his nape as he tries to strike up the correct words to choose. "Is there something you wanna tell me? I-if you don't wanna talk about it, it's c-cool and all!" he puffs his cheeks, covering his face in visible embarassment from releasing a quick fuse.

You laughed, "Its really nothing Tadashi, the drink just uhm has hair in it." he stood up, grabbing the drink from your hand before stomping his way nervously towards the counter. Making you sweat drop, "Can I get a-a r-refund in this..?...please?" your heart beated, seeing as Yamaguchi was trying his best to be a good lover towards you. He really was special, you even considered yourself as lucky.

Your bag buzzed, making you flinch lightly at the sudden vibration. Reaching out in only to see your phone being bombarded with text messages, the only thing that made you anxious was from whom it was received to.

Tsukishima
Look out the window.

"Is there anything you want Kei?"  you questioned, still feeling uneasy about earlier. He was the first one to leave the location that you two had a conversation in, yet he was the one who insisted on making you come all the way out of here. Yamaguchi sheepishly agreed in letting you talk, completely unaware of the situation both you and the middle blocker had before.

The blonde placed a hand on the back of his nape, his stare glued to the ground. His foot tapping anxiously, avoiding your curious gaze, for him - it looked as if you were exasperated behind your tranquil composure; but paid no mind to it in the end. Seeing as this was an opportunity to strike up his lines. "Do you like me?" was the first thing he could muster up bluntly behind his reluctance. Glasses being pushed up by his finger tips, bouncing the small ray of light that landed on the transparent surface.

Your forehead scrunched, confusion evident by your small hint of expression. Mouth agape in slight surprise, not knowing what to respond - seeing as the taller blonde had nothing but a look that meant business, his fist bawled to the collar off his jacket. Showing small hint of anxiety building up in his body once he took notice of your silence.

Choosing the correct and most gentle words in slight hesitation, you managed to place a small weak apologetic smile. Which made Tsukishima tense - as if he already predicted the next few sentences. "Kei..you know I don't like you in that way any-"

"Yamaguchi can't even do his jump serves correctly! What do you see in him?!" He snapped, a vein popping on his forehead almost immediately interjecting your statement. Merciless about going behind his own best friend's back, talking nonsense he knows he shouldn't have.

Brows furrowing in agitation, confusion weld up your figure once again. Seeing as no guilt was visible towards the middle blocker's figure - showing no signs of regret about his previous snarky comment. "Kei! Don't say that to Tadashi! I thought we've been in this discussion already?!"

"Goddamit Y/n, I'm inlove with you! I'm so inlove with you it hurts!" his voice grew quiet, pain giving his tone cracks ones in awhile. Yamaguchi paying no attention to the two of you despite the huge window he could see the both of you on, his eyes completely focused on his phone - thumb scrolling patiently whilst he awaits. Which was clearly for the better, knowing things would get messier once he spots the commotion.

You tilted your head, "Kei..im sorry but i-" both hands weighed down on your shoulders, the blonde looking towards yours with his desperate blood-shot eyes. His character drastically changing, his usual snappy personality disappearing in exchange of a painful look plastered. His teeth gritting. "Y/n please! Come back to me!....please.." he begged, tears giving up on staying in his eyes as his cheeks stained with several droplets sliding down.

Your figure flinched, seeing his miserable expression as you swatted his hands away carefully. An apologetic expression in your face as you slowly start to back away from him, eyes filled with guilt. "I'm sorry Kei, I really am." you turned on your heel after one last apology, bowing your head lowly before completely walking away from him.

Tsukishima could careless about the stares be was receiving, his feet started to move on its own as he grabs you by the worst - forcibly turning you around to make you face him. "Kei let g—"

"I'm supposed to be the one sitting in that seat right there." he stated bluntly, pointing towards here the pinch server was calmly seated - his head bobbing to the beat from most of the time. "What are you say—" your words were again interrupted by his swiftul pull, his face inches away from yours.

"I said. That's supposed to be me." he repeated lowly, irked by your ignorance. He doesn't know what he would do if you were to walk away, regret had already eaten him alive from that day. But seeing you with someone else him more, seeing your smiles that weren't directed towards him was more painful that he could've imagined, he should've accepted you. But why couldn't he?

"He can't do a serve correctly and ironically, his position is a pinch server. He's rarely in court, he doesn't get the spot light! Then what the hell do you see in—" his head was forced to tilt towards the side, a ringing pain that would stay there for as long as it wanted, his hand extending over to his sore cheek reluctantly. Wide eyes along with his mouhh agape on surprise, giving you a exasperated and aching glance.

He couldn't do anything but watch you walk away, walk away with the person, walk away with the person you love. But that person wasn't him.

He could only wish it was.

finally I finished a chapter! I've been really busy these days so sorry!

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
if you watched banana fish already, what did you think about it?

i cried my ass ngl :<