Chapter 1: The past

Quick A/n - I do not own Sonic X or any characters from it. All of these characters (except for probably the reader) Belong to Sega.

Please enjoy the first chapter.

×~~~×~~~×

It was a bright beautiful day out.
Birds singing wonderful melodies.
Their songs slightly muffled by the chatter of small children playing outside.

You were among those children, running around the village with your friends.

You we're all playing and laughing until you heard your mother calling for you.
"(Y/n)! Come here darling!" She called out.

You sighed
"Sorry guys I'll have to go. I can't miss my lessons with Queen Hana".

"That's alright. We understand that you have a lot to learn in order to become the next leader. We can hangout some other time!"
Your best friend (f/n) (friend name) waved their arm.

You smiled and bid your goodbyes.

You ran to your mom.
She was holding your two year old brother (b/n) (brother name).
She gave you a small red backpack with some papers and pencils.

"Here you go darling.
And don't forget to say our greetings to Queen Hana for us" She leaned down and kissed the top of your head as a goodbye.

"I won't mom. Goodbye I'll see you at dinner!" You waved at your brother as you ran towards the Temple of the Leaders.

×~~~×~~~×

You walked through the cold hallway seeing statues of the past Queens.
The eyes of the stone cold statues felt as if they were following your every move.

Every past leader of the clan has been a female and everytime a new leader was born a new statue appeared in the hallway.

No one really knows how this has been achieved.
Rumors are that the temple was enchanted by the power of the first queen.
Making the temple sentient, and some people say indestructible.
Although the cracked and crumbling walls outside would state otherwise.

All of the Queen's statues were in the last pose the Queens did before their death.
However some of the statues poses changed.
It's not always clear why or what caused it to do so, but it happened many times.

Every one of them died when they sacrificed their life to save another. Your statue was there too.
You stopped in front of it and looked at it.

You looked much older and you were clutching your heart.
You looked like you would fall any minute.

The plate at the base of the statue read:
'Queen (y/n), saved her loved one'

The thought of you having to die and give up your life to save another, made you shudder, but as Queen Hana put it: "It is a part of our lives. We die so other's can live"

You continued your way through the hallway into the center of the temple where the throne room was.

×~~~×~~~×

"(Y/n)! Finally. I was worried something happened to you" Queen Hana exclaimed when she saw you.

She was sitting on her throne, her head leaning on the Stile of the throne.