Chapter 3: Infiltrate! Area 99

×~~~×~~~×

You were sitting on the roof while Chris was talking to his parents on the phone.

You were lost in your own thoughts when you heard Chris talking to Sonic.

"Take a good look. I'm a hedgehog not a cat".

You jumped down from your spot right next to Sonic, who was just laying on the railing of the balcony.

" Uh I know, please don't be mad, but you see my mom wouldn't understand " Chris apologized.

"Why wouldn't she?" Sonic asked.

"Well first of all, she knows I wouldn't risk diving into a pool in the middle of night just to save a little hedgehog"
Chris explained.

"Really?" Sonic raised an eyebrow.

"What else could I say to her? I couldn't tell her that I saved a blue talking hedgehog, and a few minutes later his sister a (c) (color) hedgehog just appeared" He said.

"Is it that unusual?" You questioned.

"Well yeah, we don't have talking hedgehogs like you in this world"
Chris explained.

"That reminds me. When and where did you learn how to talk?" He asked.

"Good question, unfortunately I don't have a very good answer, cause I don't remember" Sonic scratched his head.

"We learned how to talk just like any other mobian" you stated.

"Mobian?" Chris questioned.

"That's the name of our species"

"Species? You're saying there's more hedgehogs like you two?!"

"Well-"

The phone rang again.
"Hello?" Chris answered.

"Hey dad how are you?
No, no skratches at all I'm fine dad honest I am"
He shook his head.

"It really wasn't that big of a deal.
After I jump in and got it out of the water, it was really happy!
I could tell.
Besides I could've had grandpa, Ella or Mr. Tanaka to help me if I needed to. Don't worry dad, they're talking good care of me"
He nodded to himself.

"Okay dad I promise.
See ya soon!"
He hung up.

Sonic shook his head disapproving of his bad lieing.

Chris laughed nervously.

"I almost forgot you guys must be pretty hungry. I was thinking you might like to have something to eat" Chris said.

"Yeah I am kinda hungry" You sat on the railing of the balcony kicking your feet.

"What's on the menu?" Sonic asked.

"I checked out hedgehogs on the internet and found the perfect thing!" Chris said and handed you a bowl with something in it.

You took a piece and ate it.
You didn't like it at all.
It tasted like weird squishy artificial jello meat.

"Ugh what is it?" You asked handing the bowl back.

"cat food" Chris gave you a nervous smile.