Chapter 23: Battle on Latitude 0!

×~~~×~~~×

"Naval authorities report that the research vessel Seahawk is missing at sea. Rescue teams are coming the area for its last known position.
So far there are no signs of the vessel. These pictures were taken two days ago when it left on its mission" The reporter on the tv said.

You were playing jenga with Cream and Tails.

"Details of its mission are kept secret but sources tell SSTV that everything seemed to be going well until early this morning, when crew radioed to report heavy fog".

" See, that's why I can't stand water" Sonic shuddered lightly.

"You like it if it's in a glass- that's a start" Cream smiled at him.

Sonic smiled back nervously at her while you were holding in a giggle.

"Maybe the ship hit something after it went into the fog" Chris suggested.

"A ship like that has instruments that let it navigate through fog safely. There may be something else going on here"

"What do you mean, grandpa?" Chris asked.

"What if the Seahawk's disappearance wasn't an accident? Other vessels have encountered strange phenomena in that area. Prehabs we should take the yacht and have a look" Chuck suggested.

"Does that mean you're going out on the ocean?" Cream asked looking up at Chuck.

"Yes, that's possible".

Cream looked on the brink of tears. "You're thinking that Emerl's down there somewhere" Chris realized.

"Hey, Cream. I'm gonna go outside and pick a whole bunch of flowers. Wanna join me?" Sonic spoke up to distract her.

"Sure, we can give them to my mom and Ella"

×~~~×~~~×

Later that day Knuckles and a person named Dr. Cadbury showed up at the house.

You were at the workshop along with Sonic, Chris, Chuck, Mr. Tanaka,
Knuckles and Dr. Cadbury.

"I was at the palace doing some research when those two thugs attacked me and ran away with the map" Dr. Cadbury explained.

Apparently the eldest map of the world Knuckles recently discovered has been stolen from the Pukapito Palace.

"It's not a total loss, though. At least we have a digital copy" Knuckles pointed out.

Said digital copy appeared on the computer screen.

"Interesting. Why were you studying it?" Chuck asked.

"Are you familiar with the legend of Murasia?" Dr. Cadbury asked.

"Is it a place?" Sonic asked.

"Murasia is a continent that sank into the sea. It was the home of a spectacular civilization that flourished and died long ago. According to the legends, the Murasians possessed a highly advanced culture and accomplished spectacular feats of engineering. However, in spite of all its amazing achievements, the magnificent Murasian civilization was wiped out in an instant" Dr. Cadbury explained.

"If the legends are even partly true then the ruins of that civilization could hold priceless secrets!" Knuckles sounded exited.

"First, the Seahawk is lost, and than this map is stolen. I have a feeling there's some kind of connection but I'm not sure what it could be" Chuck thought out loud.