Chapter 25: Morning Farewells

×~~~×~~~×

"My fellow citizens, I have sad news to bring you this morning. 
Many months ago connection was established between Sonic's world and our own.
Now, regrettably, that connection must be severed forever...
Unfortunately, this is the last day we will spend with Sonic and his friends.
Tonight they must return to their own world"

×~~~×~~~×

You sat at the table eating breakfast.

"Personally, I don't see why it's such a problem if time comes to a stop. If I don't get any older, than I won't get any wrinkles" Amy spoke as she ate.

"But, Amy, don't you think you'd get bored if you were forced to live the same day over and over again for ever and ever?" Cream's mom said, looking at her.

"And if you don't get any older, you'll never get birthday presents" Cream added.

"I didn't think of that" Amy pondered.

Chris got up from his chair.
"I have school. See you later".

" Enjoy your day, Chris" bowed Mr Tanaka.

×~~~×~~~×

"And on behalf of all our citizens, I extend our best wishes to Sonic and his friends.
As you make the journey back to your home world, please know that this world will never forget your acts of courage and heroism"

×~~~×~~~×

After breakfast you went to the workshop to see Tails and Chuck already there.
They were working on the machine that was meant to take you home.
Some kind of in closed-artificial Chaos Control.

"I don't know what we're doing wrong" Tails said to himself.

"Hey guys, what's the matter?" You asked.

"Hello (y/n)" Chuck greeted.

"We can't figure out how to make the machine work" Tails looked down at the blueprints in thought.

"We think we might be missing a part, but we don't know what it is"
Chuck tapped his chin.

"It might be a Chaos drive" You said to yourself.

"A chaos drive?" Chuck questioned.

"It's like a small capsule with a shard inside, that is infused with just a little amount of power from a Chaos emerald" Tails explained.

"Eggman sometimes uses them in his robots" You said.

"So you think Eggman might have one?" Chuck asked.

You shrugged.

"I don't know, those things are hard to make".

×~~~×~~~×

(A smol time skip)

×~~~×~~~×

You spend most of your day trying to help Tails and Chuck with the machine.

You even tried to give a small amount of your energy into it but it did nothing.

You ran out of ideas to help, when Sonic came running in.

Apparently there was an attack on Eggmans base and Sonic went to help him... Okay sure whatever.