2. Intense Concentration

Your alarm jolts you awake, pulling you out of the deep sleep you'd been having

Your alarm jolts you awake, pulling you out of the deep sleep you'd been having. Groaning, you turn off the alarm; your face hitting your pillow again as you struggle to wake up. You pick up your phone, checking the time. 7:15 am.

Sitting up, you rub your eyes softly, glancing down at your phone again, seeing a message on the screen. Your heart skips a beat, grinning as you read the words.

From: Spencer
Morning, sleepyhead. Hope you have a good day. Maybe we can talk later?

You smile down at the phone as you type a quick response.

To: Spencer
Sounds good. I get out of class at around 4 today!

Pressing send, you get up, stumbling to the bathroom to brush your teeth and throw your hair in a ponytail. You yawn, throwing on a large gray sweater and a pair of leggings, not really bothering with looking nice. After almost six years in school, you don't give a damn what your other classmates think of you. Grabbing your bag and your Human Behavior book, you walk into the kitchen. You pour yourself a cup of coffee to go before you leave, not bothering to check if Jamie is awake. Jamie doesn't schedule herself for 8 am classes—she likes her beauty sleep.

The cold air hits you abruptly, stinging your face as you step outside. Shivering, you briskly walk to Wyman Hall where your 8 am Human Behavior class is held. The wind is blowing softly, rustling the trees, frost covering the grass besides the hall.

It's so pretty like this, you think, smiling to yourself, pushing open the door to the building.

The climb to the second floor seems to wind you, but you find room 218 quickly. You take a seat in the front row, directly center. You like to have a good view of the board—attempting to be an excellent note taker. Pulling out your blue notebook, you open it, scribbling the date on the top of the paper.

To pass the extra ten minutes, you open up your Human Behavior book, picking up where you'd left off the night before. You're so entranced with your book, you don't notice when 8 o'clock hits—or when a very familiar figure in a blue sweater vest enters the classroom.

"Hello, everyone!"

Your head snaps up, eyes landing on none other than Spencer. Your mouth flies open, his eyes flicking over to you. A coy smile plays on his lips—lips you had kissed not even 24 hours ago.

"I'm Dr. Spencer Reid, and I'm going to be your professor this semester for Human Behavior." He leans against his desk, tucking his hands into the blue dress pants he is wearing. "I usually work for the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI Headquarters in Quantico, but they've agreed not to use me Monday and Wednesday mornings, so long as we're not out of state on a case, so I can teach this semester. I look forward to learning about every single one of you." He isn't looking at you, but you feel like he is speaking directly to you.