4. Oxytocin and Vasopressin

When you wake up the next morning, the first thing you register is the lack of Spencer's touch

When you wake up the next morning, the first thing you register is the lack of Spencer's touch. The weight of his arms is gone, replaced by a vacant spot behind you in bed. The second thing that registers is the pounding headache, an unfortunate side effect of drinking alcohol the night before.

Rolling over in bed, you see a glass of water a two ibuprofen on your bedside table that weren't there when you fell asleep.

Spencer, you think, a smile creeping onto your face as you remember what happened last night.

Sitting up, you groan, quickly taking the ibuprofen and downing the water. Today is most certainly going to be a day spent in bed. Pulling out your phone, you type a quick text to Spencer.

To: Spencer
Thanks for the water and ibuprofen. I feel like hot shit this morning.

Climbing out of bed, you step into the bathroom to quickly take a hot shower, letting the steam try to ease your pounding head. Closing your eyes, your thoughts flash to last night, remembering what had happened between you and Supervisory Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid.

Things feel easy when it comes to Spencer—and not easy in a negative way. Easy like breathing. Talking to him and just existing with him is easy. A hint of worry creeps into your mind, as it always does when you started to get close to anyone. Trying to push it away, you step out of the shower, deciding to dress in a pair of old sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Walking into the kitchen to get some more water, you stop, noticing the gray sweater that's neatly folded over one of the kitchen chairs. You recognize it—Spencer's, the one he was wearing last night.

Did he leave this here on purpose? Or did he just forget it? You think, picking the sweater up off the chair.

Retreating back into your room, you decide to throw on the sweater. It's soft and comfy, and as soon as you put it on, the scent of Spencer's subtle cologne washes over you.

Your phone buzzes and you look down.

From: Spencer
I expected a hangover. I was just trying to be prepared. Plus, you drank a lot of rum.

Grinning, you respond.

To: Spencer
That rum gave me some confidence, though. Last night was fun.

His response is immediate.

From: Spencer
You seem like you enjoyed it, albeit the alcohol might have had something to do with it.

You think for a moment, biting your lip.

To: Spencer
The alcohol had nothing to do with it, Dr. Reid. It just made me say things sober me wouldn't.

After a second, you type another message.

To: Spencer
Remember, I owe you a little something. I'm looking forward to it, Dr. Reid. Oh, and your sweater is really comfortable, by the way.