epilogue

"Joseph Aaron Reid! Come inside! Your dad's ready to start Star Trek!"

The four-year old boy comes running over to you, his curly brown hair bouncing as he runs. "Are you gonna watch with us, mama?"

You pick him up, tickling him and he shrieks, giggles escaping him. "No, mama has to go to a work meeting with her boss. But daddy is gonna keep you and Rhiannon company, okay?"

You cross through the backdoor of you and Spencer's house, letting Joseph down. He runs and jumps on the couch, snuggling into the covers.

"Spence!" You call out, walking into the kitchen.

You hear Spencer's soft footsteps coming down the stairs, cradling Rhiannon in his arms. You walk over to him, smiling at the sleeping one-year old.

"She's perfect," he whispers, looking up at you.

You smile at him, leaning in to give him a soft kiss. "Thank you for letting me name her."

He laughs. "Rhiannon Diana is a beautiful name."

"I think she's gonna be smart like her daddy," you whisper, running your fingers through his hair.

"Or like her mom," Spencer responds, leaning into your touch.

You smile at him lovingly. "Well, Joseph is sitting on the couch, ready to start Star Trek. I have to go meet Hotch for some reason; he called me in to talk about something."

Spencer looks back down at Rhiannon sleeping in his arms. "We'll be fine. Won't we, big guy?" Joseph pipes up a small "yes!" and Spencer laughs. "It's never too early to introduce them to Star Trek."

You giggle, leaning in to kiss him again. "I'll be home soon, okay? Think about what you want for dinner. I'm not doing takeout again."

He grins at you. "Okay. I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you, baby."

You grab your keys and walk out of your house, locking the door behind you. Getting into your car, you drive the twenty minutes to FBI Headquarters, parking in your designated spot. Climbing out, you briskly walk inside, the fall air cold in your lungs. You push open the doors to the BAU, immediately running into JJ.

"Oh, hey!" She says, raising her eyebrows. "I thought it was your day off."

You shrug. "It is. Hotch needs to meet with me about something."

"Oof," she murmurs. "Well, have fun. How are Joseph and Rhiannon?"

"They're perfect. How about Henry and Michael?"

She grins. "Also perfect. We still on for the play date this weekend?"

"Absolutely. Joseph misses his friends!"

You wave bye to JJ. As you walk to Hotch's office, you glance around the bullpen. Morgan's sitting at his desk, Garcia leaning against it, engrossed in a conversation. Prentiss scribbles on some paperwork at her desk. Rossi's office door is propped open.

You knock on Hotch's door lightly before opening it, Hotch immediately standing up when you enter.

"Y/n, thank you for meeting me on your day off."

You sit in front of his desk. "Of course, sir. What is it?"

He clears his throat, leaning forward in his desk. "In the late nineteen-eighties, the BAU was investigating a serial killer who killed up and down the East coast. He killed young women—usually higher-status women. He would kidnap them and torture them in various ways—burning, cutting, and sometimes went as far as peeling off their skin. He always cut off their ring fingers. Both of them. He went dormant in nineteen-ninety two. He was dormant all the way up until four years ago. The BAU came across a body that matched his signature perfectly—and it was recent. So far, six other bodies have been discovered—the most recent kidnapping has a witness. The witness was sent to a sketch artist, and they sent the sketch to us."

You scrunch your eyebrows, shaking your head. "Hotch, why are you telling me all of this?"

He swallows, pulling a piece of paper from a file in front of him and turning it around so you can see it. Your eyes land on the sketch and your stomach turns so violently, you think you're going to throw up on Hotch's desk.

"Because, Y/n, the unsub is your father."

—————————————
Author's Note
Ooh, you guys now what this means right? A SEQUEL. A SEQUEL! I've been planning this for a while—the big plot twist.
The new book will start soon, maybe in a week, or by the end of the week. I love love love y'all and now you don't have to be sad this is ending! Because a sequel is beginning!
Thank you all, and I love you so much. <3