18. The Chase

!!TW!!: blood, guns, knives. Proceed with caution.

Spencer's POV

Spencer's POV

"How's everything in lovey dovey land?"

Spencer rolls his eyes, turning his body to Prentiss. "Everything is fine in, uh, lovey dovey land."

Emily giggles, straightening some files on her desk. "Are you excited she's coming to work here?"

Spencer can't help the wide smile forming on his face. "I am. I'm a little nervous for her, but I think she'll be a great fit here."

Emily opens her mouth to speak but never gets the chance.

"Spencer, can I see you in my office, please?" Hotch's voice was quiet, his tall figure appearing next to Spencer's desk.

Spencer knits his eyebrows and stands. "S-Sure."

He follows Hotch into his office, a bundle of nerves forming in his stomach. He's certain Hotch isn't going to talk to him about his performance—he's been pretty exemplary on cases lately. He won't say it out loud, but Spencer is always a little worried Hotch is going to rescind his offer to Y/n. It won't be Hotch's fault either—just the Bureau not wanting to take a chance on such a fresh face.

Spencer takes a seat in front of Hotch's desk, Hotch leaning back in his seat.

"Is everything alright with y/n?"

Confusion flashes in Spencer's eyes. "Y-yes, I saw her leave this morning for training. Why do you ask?"

"She never showed up for training."

Dread settles in the bottom of Spencer's stomach. "What do you mean she never showed up?"

Hotch leans forward, folding his hands together on his desk. "Agent Harrow reported she never showed up to physical training, and Agent Carroway just informed me that she missed her interrogation training."

"Hotch, I saw her leave. S-She was worried about being late. She left."

Spencer pulls out his phone, hitting her contact number and pushing the phone to his ear. The phone immediately goes to voicemail.

"Hi, obviously I can't come to the phone right now..."

He tries again, eyes downcast, settling on the corner of Hotch's desk. It goes straight to voicemail again, her voice washing over him in the worst way possible.