Insert 1: What are friends for?

"The better part of one's life consist of one's friendship- Abraham Lincoin."
************************************
"Weather the weather be fine or whether the weather be not. Whether the weather be cold or whether the weather be hot. We'll weather the weather whatever the weather. Whether we like it or not."

The student kept on reciting the poem which by the way I consider childish because we are a year to the final grade in high school but considering this egoistic English teacher of mine, you just have to do it.

The students continues to recite the poem while I sit there distracted and sleepy. I didn't sleep a wink last night because of my complicated life. Oh yes I'm a teenager but oh no.

I'm not your normal teenager because I have responsibility much more than your definition of a normal teenager.
Yes you might wonder if there are normal and abnormal teenagers. In case you don't know, the answer is yes.

There are two types of teenagers. The normal teenagers and the abnormal teenagers which I choose to call adulthood teenagers. Now who are the normal teenagers?

There are those ones that get drunk, go to parties, don't have cares in this world aside from boyfriend's and girlfriends problem, those that depend on their parents.

Normal teenagers are those that can spend 15 dollars on irrelevant things without feeling guilty.

Now who are the abnormal teenagers? The abnormal teenagers are those teenagers who can't go to parties, can't get drunk, can't spend a dollar on irrelevant things without having guilty conscience, don't depend on their parents, can't have a boyfriend and can't sleep a wink at night because of family issues.

Abnormal teenagers are those that carry the problems of their parents on their head. And sadly, I fall into this category. I'm an abnormal teenager.

Omg what are they even saying? This people are here talking about the weather and I'm sitted here not following them I think while playing with my hair. I play with my hair whenever I'm tired, nervous and sleepy.

"Adelaide?" a voice called startling me.
"Yes Sir" I say sir making it sound like a word with ten syllables(this is how I react when startled).

"Adelaide why aren't you saying anything?" Mr Frank our English teacher ask.
"Um sir I I actu..ally I ammm....." I stutter because I didn't know what to say. I'm a terrible liar so I couldn't create a good and convincing reason as to why I was distracted. So Adelaide been Adelaide, I looked at him with mouth agape.

For the umpteenth time of my life, I hate it that I sulk in lying.
It's a pity I can't pray to God to make me a good liar because God detests liars.

"Actually sir she is not feeling fine. Adelaide has been very sick." Halfrida say helping me out. Halfrida is like my super-hero although I don't tell her upfront because I don't want to inflate her ego.

She always comes to my rescue whenever I foolishly put myself in an awkward or stupid situation. She is the exact opposite of me because she is a great liar which I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse. Well it's a blessing to me today. Halfrida can lie herself out of a situation even if she is caught red handed.

Unlike most liars who are caught red handed and try to lie but fails, she always passes hers easily. She lies herself out of situations. I'm glad she was able to come up with her mighty lying line today.

"What the hell Halfrida?" I whisper.
"Shut up you book nerd" Halfrida shuns while maintaining eye contact with Mr Frank.

I'm gonna write a book titled "Characteristics of a Halfrida."

Yeah she calls me book nerd because I'm one of the most intelligent student(I ain't boasting I assure you)

Oh I see . Adelaide what's wrong with you? Mr Frank ask?eyeing me with suspicion.

"Sir actually I'm having a migraine." I say touching my head and acting sick. Well I am not totally acting because I am really having a migraine.

"Ok Halfrida take her to the school clinic" Mr Frank requests.

"But Sir I wouldn't want to miss my class for her" Halfrida say faking anger.

"Please help me take her the school clinic. It's obvious she is really sick." he begs, concern laced on his face.

"Ok Sir. Halfrida at your service" she replies as she salutes him before ushering me out.

After we have walked out of earshot, I playfully punch Halfrida.
"What the hell Adelaide?" Halfrida ask feigning anger her face red as tomato.

"Who told you I am sick?" I said also feigning anger.
"You were stuttering like a cow and I decided to help you out because if I didn't you would open your mouth allowing free entrance for insect looking for a new habitation and I wouldn't want that considering I could get infected because I'm always close to you" Halfrida said still rubbing her left arm because of my punch.

"Do cows stutter? Do they even talk?" I asked amused.

"Whatever Adelaide. To me you are a cow who stutters. You plan to break my arm right" Halfrida barked.

"I didn't know I'm so good in punching" I said happily.

"What? You are happy you almost broke my arm?" Halfrida said bewildered and her face red with anger.
"I'm sorry elf" I apologise.

"Did you just call me an elf?" Halfrida ask hurt evident on her face.

"I'm sorry Frida. You know I don't mean it. I love you a lot you know" I said meekly.
Hahaha Halfrida laughed.

"I wasn't angry Adelaide. So Adelaide why were you so distracted in class?" Halfrida ask seriously.

She always worried about me that I sometimes think it's too much. Without Halfrida, I might probably be dead now. She is my life saver.

"I am so tired. I didn't sleep all through the night. My mum was sick all through the night, so I didn't sleep a wink" I reply yawning without covering my mouth.

"Oh sorry dear. I understand you. Come and give momma a hug" Halfrida say opening her arm.

"Momma?" I repeat as I burst out laughing as I embraced her.
"Thanks for helping me out when I was stuttering like a cow" I say still embracing her.

"Yes why won't I help you when I'm destined for doom if I don't. I need to help you because that's the purpose of friendship" she replied with a sweet smile.

"I'm really serious. Thanks a lot . You have done so much for me. If I try to repay it, I won't be able to repay it. Thanks alot Frida. You are like the sister I'd never have"
I say as I cleaned my eyes because it was full of unshed tears.

"Come on Addy, don't cry. You don't need to thank me. I mean why should you thank me? What are friends for?" Halfrida asked blushing as we embrace ourselves.
*********
Question : Sugars do you have any close friend who always gat your back no matter what?
Yes I do. She always have my back.