Insert 14: Betrayal

"Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in his lifetime"
****************************
I got home after detention climbing the stairs to my room when a voice called me.

"Stephen come here" my dad calls as he looks at me wearily.

After our little misunderstanding and after I saw him with Mrs Becky, I haven't really talk to him.

I've been avoiding him a lot. I couldn't bear to face the man who has betrayed me and my mom.

"Dad what is it?" I ask clearly not up for a conversation.

"Stephen why are you just coming home? he queried. I looked at the clock and it was 10pm. I had two ways to answer him. One give him a polite reply, or answer him the way I want. I chose the latter because of my anger towards him.

"I have the right to come home any time I want. Just like you have the right to go anywhere you want and come back anytime you want." Stephen replies.

"How dare you talk to me your father like that" Mr Richard ask.

"I didn't realise I said anything bad" Stephen replies matching his father's tenacity.

"Son please I'm sorry about that day Mr Richard replies realising that his son was still pissed with him.

"No need to be sorry dad. It's obvious that you are so scared of that useless whore Mrs Becky."

"How dare you call Becky a whore? Mr Richard question flaring with anger.

"Why are you so red with anger dad? it's not like you even know her that you are defending her or do you?" Stephen ask.

"No no I'm sorry son. I had a long day at work so I'm in a bad mood" Mr Richard replies.

"Oh I thought you knew her" Stephen taunts.

"I promise you son. I don't know her" Mr Richard replies. "If I knew her, I would have told you. I have no reason to lie to my son" Mr Richard replies.

"Well dad I faced detention today. A useless girl put nail in my locker" Stephen replies staring at his father in the eyes.

"What? How dare her and why will a teacher make you face detention after been injured by a girl? Mr Richard ask flaring with anger.

"Apparently dad the only teacher that hates me so much which you seem to fear, adore and respect did that"
Stephen replies teasingly.

"What Becky detained you?" Mr Richard ask.

"Dad why are you calling her Becky? You are talking as if you know her very well?" Stephen taunts.

"No son. I don't know her. I just I just..." Mr Richard stutter.

"No need to explain yourself dad. I trust you. You cannot betray my trust" Stephen replies with a smile not reaching his eyes.

"And what's the name of the girl who injured you? Mr Richard ask.

"You don't need to know dad. You've taught me that every man should be for himself. I'm learning to be a man dad. I'm gonna fight my battles myself from now onwards. I've learned not to rely on you dad. I would deal with her in my own little way" Stephen replies non challantly.

"Son are you angry with me? Mr Richard ask as he raised his head up.

"No dad I ain't angry. I just don't want you to meddle in my affairs. Since you can't handle Mrs Becky, you can't handle the girl either. I would deal with her myself" Stephen reply with a smug.

"If you insist" Mr Richard replies.

"If I can't handle her myself, I can ask for mum's help" Stephen say.