Insert 7: Demons

"You can only be jealous of someone who has something you think you ought to have yourself"
" It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battle"
****************************

I know I hate her so much. I know it. Whenever I see her, I get pissed. She is an egoistic bitch. She thinks she is too brilliant. She is proud. They call her book nerd. They call her genius. They call her brainy.

She wins award every term. I hate her so much. I love to see her cry. I love to see her broken. I love to see her pained. I made her have some enemies. I fed them with lies.

I told them that she answers question to bully us. I told them that she answers question to make us dumb. I told them that she is very wicked.

I told them that her mum is dying. I told them that her dad is a drunkard. I told them that her brother is useless. I told them all this things. I've told them wrong things. All I've told them are misconception.

I hate her so much. She isn't even beautiful. She is not my kind of person. I just hate her. To me, she is a bitch.

I hate that name -Adelaide.
I hate the name Adelaide with passion.

In class, I just try to pretend. Whenever I look at her chair, whenever I look at her, I feel disgusted. All I feel is hatred. I told them her father is a criminal. I made them know that her family is cursed.

She is my worst enemy. I can't help but keep hating her.

Whenever I see her, I try to control my demons. I easily control it with a smirk.

Smirking is just a facade. I would continue making them hate her.

Whenever she answers question in the class, my hatred increases. She thinks she is the best. I told them that she is a pauper. I feel happy whenever she is disgraced in school. I hope her mum dies because if her mum dies, she would be so broken. I've broken her. She is in pieces now. I would destroy till she would beg to lean on me.

Very soon, I would send her to the grave. Very soon her existence would only be a memory.

With my demons helping me, I would ruin her.
¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Adelaide sit on her bed as she reads a book titled 'demons'.

She had always taught that demons were evil spirits sent from hell to torment people especially God's children. But after reading the book, she had a new and different understanding. Demons were also her fears and anxieties.

"Whatever I'm I afraid of is my demons. What I'm afraid of?" She ask herself as she took out her pen and jotter to create a list of her fears and give a reason why she had that fear.

"What I'm I afraid of?" She asked herself once again.

"No 1, I'm afraid of losing my mum. Why I'm I afraid of losing my mum?" She writes in her diary as she thought.

"I'm afraid of losing my mum because right now, she is very sick and hasn't received proper treatment and her asthma is getting worse everyday" Adelaide jotted as a tear dropped out of her eyes.

"What I'm I afraid of?" She ask herself again.

"I'm afraid that my brother's words might kill my mum faster than her sickness" Adelaide writes again.

Her brother's words to her mom was like adding salts to wounds and pepper to injury.

Whenever her brother visited the house, it was like he came for only one purpose.

To make her mum cry and Adelaide was afraid that the words were really affecting her mum.

"Why can't I place a restraining order against my brother?" She ask herself.

"I can't put a restraining order against my brother because my mum doesn't want it. She doesn't want her son to be restrained from meeting her and Adelaide couldn't figure why her mum refused. A mother's love is excess. That's why my mum always want to see my brother" Adelaide writes in her jotter.

"What I'm I afraid of?" She ask herself again.

"I'm afraid of Stephen Xander. I'm afraid of the rumours he is spreading about me around the school. I'm afraid that he might hurt me one day. I'm afraid that he might cause students to avoid me because of my brother's bad conduct.

I'm afraid that Stephano is making me hate myself. His words are getting into my bones and heart. Even know I tried to pretend it doesn't, I can't help but know it really hurts. Why does he hate me so much?" Adelaide write as more tears fell off her eyes.

"What I'm afraid of?" Adelaide ask herself again as she face the mirror.

"I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to go for tertiary education after high school because my father is obviously not capable neither is my mother. I would never accept anything from my brother even if he was capable.

"My demons are gradually getting me. My fears are becoming real. No matter how much I try, I cannot overcome my demons. They are after me.

My mum's I'll health, my Father's drunkenness, my brother's bad character and Stephano's hate. Demons ain't only evil spirits. Demons are what you are afraid of.

Demons are your fears and anxieties. A motivational speaker would say "you can overcome your demon in a twinkle of an eye. But it's a lie. Your demons lives with you. You see them everyday.

How can you overcome something you see everyday?

"It's impossible." Adelaide ends as she closed her jotter and laid on her bed to cry her eyes out.
****
Define demons in your own way sugars.😊😊😊