Insert 3: The Bakers

"I am blessed to have some many good things in life-family, friends and God"
"The family is the first essential cell of human society"
************************************
Sitting on an arm chair reading and drinking a can of pepsi-cola, Mr Johnson Baker stretches his body.
He had had a long day at work. Although he didn't need  to overwork himself as he is the CEO of Sweetloaves bakery, Mr Johnson cannot stop working because working in his bakery was his passion. He had inherited the company from his father and he intended to make the bakery more popular.

His father decided that since his surname was Baker, he(his father) should own a bakery. Thus the sweetloaves bakery was formed and he inherited it from his father after his father passed away.

To the world, he was a man that never smiled but to his family he was a loving father and husband.

To the world, he was an overly serious man, an introvert and a quiet person but to his family, he was an extrovert and playful person.

For a 40+ aged man, he had achieved a lot and was fulfilled all credits and thanks to his father.

At first, when his father wanted him to participate in the  company business, he didn't like it. He was always wanted to be a footballer. He had wanted to play for Chelsea his dream club. He ditched important family meetings and his father's company just for football.

His father had always told him "Johnson I don't have connections that can make you a Chelsea footballer. But I very well have connections that can make you a millionaire or even a billionaire. I know that it is good to dream but it is better to have skills. There are more than a thousand boys that are more qualified than you. They are better Strikers than you. But they are still at home. I had a friend who was a very good Striker. He never took his assignments seriously. He skipped school for some football practices.

He was more than an average student but because he was obsessed with football, his best grade was D. His parents tried to talk him out of his obsession, as his friend, I also talked to him, his pastor talked to him but all fell on deaf ears. At that time, his father was a mechanic but he didn't know anything about being a mechanic. He was not interested in the family business. He saved a lot of money and gave it to people who promised to connect him but they were fraudsters. He was sent out of school and shortly after, his father died and his father's me mechanic shop was inherited by his father's best apprentice.  He couldn't come back to school as there was no funds and he also couldn't get back job. He tried robbing a bank but he was caught and sent to jail.If he had practiced to be a mechanic, he would have inherited the shop from his father".

After his father told him this story, he decided that he was going to sit up. He started engaging in the family business and learnt how to bake bread and other snacks.

Two years later, his father died but before his father died, he had made the company grow.

He found out that he had passion in baking than football. Thus, he forgot about the dream of playing football.
Now he was a multi- millionaire

He sat thinking on how he would make his company greater and greater that he didn't notice his princess had returned from school.

"Dad" she say with a big fat smile.
"My daughter Halfrida how was school today?" he say as he hugs her.

"Dad, school was fine today" Halfrida replied as she pecked her father.

"Dad too much of caffeine and sugar isn't good for you. And here you are drinking the fourth can of pepsi" Halfrida said feeling sad.

"How do you know that?" Mr Baker asked surprised.

"I know you dad. I know you. Too much of sugar isn't good. Dad you are no longer a teenager. I don't want to lose you" Halfrida said.

"I'm sorry dearie.I promise not to drink pepsi again" Mr Johnson beg.

"That's what you are fond of saying" Halfrida replies.

"Forgive me dear" he beg.
Ok dad you are forgiven she replied smiling.

"Oh princess welcome home" Mrs Sarah Baker said as she  hugged her daughter.

"Mum how are you?" Halfrida ask?

"I'm fine baby" she reply.

"Mum so you were around when dad was drinking" she asked.

"I'm sorry dear. Your dad only listens to you" Mrs Sarah Baker replied as she poked her daughter's cheek.

"Dad, today my friend Adelaide wasn't feeling very fine. Her mum is sick" Halfrida said.

"Oh I pity the poor woman. She is getting sicker and sicker by the day" Mrs Baker say with pity.
"Yes, she is getting worse by the day" Mr Baker agree.

"I hope she gets well soon" Mrs Baker's prayed.

"Amen" Mr Baker and Halfrida replied in unison.
"Let's not get sad" Mrs Baker said.
"I prepared fried rice and chicken" Mrs Baker announced happilly.

"Wow I'm so famished mum" Halfrida said.

"Yes I'm also famished" Mr Baker said as he  yawned.

"So dad you mean you would still have space in your stomach to eat?" Halfrida teased as she poke her father's stomach.

"Why not? Pepsi cola isn't food" Mr Baker say.

"So you know dad and you were busy consuming it," Halfrida teased.

"I'm sorry dear. I won't take much of it again" Mr Baker promised.

"And what does a promise mean?" Mrs Baker ask.
"A promise is a debt" Mr Baker say.

"Dad, mum, guess what?"

"What Halfrida?"her parent chorus.
"I love you both so much" she say as they had a group hug profusely their unending love to one another.

"Ok Mum I wanna go set the dining as I am so hungry" Halfrida said as she yawned.

"Wow why is my princess so hungry today?" Mrs Baker tease.
"Why won't I be so hungry when I have been forced to store 5 different subjects in my brain? Why won't I become hungry when I've just returned from hell?" Halfrida replies.

"You are so funny Frida. Before you swallow your dad and I, follow me to the kitchen to get our meal" Mrs Baker say as she pulled Halfrida along.

Mr Baker smile as he look at his wife and daughter chattering incessantly. He had everything he wanted- Family, Wealth and God.

(Mrs Baker top, Halfrida and Mr Baker)*****This chapter kind of sucks but please bear with me

*****
This chapter kind of sucks but please bear with me. Next chapter will be better.