Insert 8:Luke Jephtah

" Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile"
****************************
(Luke POV)
I sit under a tree at the back of my house because I really needed to smoke. I couldn't smoke in my house or my room because I'm from a very religious home. My dad is a pastor while my mum is a deaconess.

They don't want me to behave like other American teens. What is so wrong in smoking I normally wonder.

I have the right to smoke but they don't normally agree.
They don't even allow me own a game boy or any sort of video game. All they want me to do is to pray, study and read motivational books which to me is a cliche.

Every morning, we all wake up by 5 o clock for family prayers. We pray till 6. We fast every Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Since when I was kid till now, I cannot forget this part of the bible that says"rememeber the sabbath day and keep it holy"

I have a younger sister Agnes who is just 6 years. I had a sister who died when I was 8. She was 13 at that time. She died of failed abortion. When she found out that she was preganant, she was so afraid because my father and mother would never accept it.

She took the step she thought was easy and that lead to her death. My parents were so sad not because of her death but because of the embarrassment they faced when people heard that she died of failed abortion.

I'm Stephano's best friend. I know it feels really weird to be friends with him considering the way he bullies people and treats his teachers. I know as a pastor son, I'm supposed not to walk in the way of sinners (that's the way my father describes bad boys) I know what he does most times is wrong but I don't try to caution him. He is a best friend and I'm scared to lose him. I know that I luke Jephtath isn't supposed to be with him but I love him.

He doesn't criticise me for been a pastor's son. Stephano is a Christian but his family aren't strong Christians like mine.

He understands me perfectly well and doesn't force me to do whatever I don't want to do. He might sometimes be bossy to me but he is just that way. He isn't a bad person.

He hates Adelaide and sometimes wishes to kill her.

Whenever he sees Adelaide hurt, he is always unhappy. I dont know why he hates her so much because as far as I'm concerned, Adelaide is a great person. A very humble person to the core. She is a type of person that doesn't associate with trouble.

I very well knows that Stephano's taunts and hatred is taking a toll on the girl and I wish he can stop hating her but I don't think he would ever stop hating her.

Whenever he insults her, I felt so bad for her and I feel her pain.

No girl deserves to be bullied. Whether physically, mentally or emotionally. Whenever Stephano insults her, I remembered the portion of the bible that says"love your neighbour as yourself" and I feel like I'm the worst sinner on Earth as if I actually love my neighbor as myself, I would actually protect her but I just can't help her at the expense of my friendship with Stephano. My mind is beclouded.

Whenever I go to church, I feel like the worst sinner. Whenever my pastor preaches about love, I feel like sinking into the ground. I know that Adelaide hates me so much. I hope she forgives me. I can't stop Stephano. I'm afraid I might lose him.

Paradventure my father finds out who Stephano is and how he insults people, my father would force me to stop being friends with him and I can't afford to lose him.

My father doesn't have time for us. I feel pity for my kid sister Agnes. He is always going to programs, travelling to different countries for crusade and I kind of detest him for that.

If he had been a good father to us, I'm very sure my elder sister won't have tried an abortion. Im very sure she aborted the baby because she very well knew that my father would criticise her.

Whenever we don't do anything perfectly, he starts telling us how God detests imperfections. I'm very sure that God doesn't detest imperfect people but my father never agreed with that.

If he was really a good father, he would have come to his son school to see how he is faring. Ever since my admission to my high school, my father has never visited.

I'm not even sure if he knows the location of my school.

My mum is kind of better than him but she also doesn't have enough time for us. She is always anchoring one women program or the other.

I'm luke Jephtath the Pastor's son who ought to be a good example but I'm not.
I have subconsciously decided to go against my father.

I quickly use my mouth wash to prevent my family knowing what I had just done if not I would be thoroughly dealt with.
¶¶¶¶¶¶
This chapter is kind of crappy and I'm sorry about that. Next chapter would be better 🙏🙏🙏🙏