Insert 33: A bit of confusion

Dedicated to cloudsarebeautiful and the_dreamweaver
************************
"Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is obvious obviously isn't obvious?"

"In the theatre of confusion,knowing the location of the exits is what counts"
"If you can't convince them, confuse them"
****************************
"Hi Stephen" David greeted taking his seat beside Stephen.

"Hi David" Stephen replied defiantly.

"What? Why did you answer me that way?"David asked.

"How the fuck I'm I answering you?" Stephen asked.

"Why are you always behaving like an atomic bomb waiting to explode?" David asked.

"I don't have time for idle talks" Stephen replied.

"So I'm now an idle person? Ain't I your fvcking friend anymore?" David asked.

"I never said that you ain't my friend" Stephen replied.

"Oh I see" David replied.

"What do you want?" Stephen asked angrily.

"I want you and Luke to sort out your differences. You have been friends for so long. You can't just forget that and throw your friendship away" David said.

"Oh really? Wow I know it's wrong for us to quarrel" Stephen said.

"So you mean that you would apologise to him?" David asked with hope.

"Nope I won't. The last time I apologised to him but this time sorry to burst your bubbles but I can't apologise to him" Stephen said.

"But he is your friend. He didn't do anything to you. You offended him with your words. You know how much it hurts Luke to hear about his late sister. He hasn't been himself since then. He is so hurt. You hurt him badly Stephen. His father doesn't have time for the family. What you said that day hurt him" David ended.

"So I've hurt him with my words right?" Stephen asked.

"Yes Stephano and you need to apologise" David said.

"So I need to apologise to him right?" Stephen asked.

"Yes you need to do so" David replied.

"Is there anything else I need to do?" Stephen asked.
"No you only need to apologise to him David" Stephen replied defiantly.

"Then I'm not apologising. I'm always the bad guy. Whenever something bad happens, I'm always the prime suspect. I'm the wicked one. I'm the rude boy" Stephen said flaring with anger.

"No you're not. I never said so. You are not a bad person Stephen" David said.

"If someone gets killed, I'm sure that I would be the prime suspect. What is even wrong with people?" Stephen asked angrily.

"Nothing Stephen. But what you did and said that day wasn't nice. It was uncalled for. We've been through a lot and you can't throw all that away because of a mere girl" David said angrily.

"Mere what?" Stephen asked angrily as he stood up from his seat.

"Mere girl?"David replied.

"Point of correction. Adelaide isn't a mere girl. She is a very brilliant girl. She is beautiful, kind, humble,she is an asset. So don't you ever call her a mere girl. I hope your motherfvcking brain can process what I just said" Stephen said angrily.

"I knew that it was up to no good when you were paired to that bitch" David said angrily.

"How dare you call her a bitch?" Stephen asked angrily.