Insert 34: Saving her

"You never look good trying to make someone else look bad
*********
"Adelaide your clothe is so fine. I love the hoodie you are wearing and the crazy jeans. Did you just buy it?"Halfrida asked as she looked at Adelaide as if inspecting her.

"No Halfrida. I didn't buy it" Adelaide replied as she continued with her assignment.

"So how come? Don't tell me your dad bought it because I know that your dad is very poor and doesn't have a sense of responsibility" Halfrida said with a straight face.

"Halfrida are you trying to insult my father?" Adelaide asked surprised.

"No I'm not trying to insult him. I'm only stating a fact. I know that the hoodie cost 10 dollars while the jeans costs 15 dollars. I know very well that your father cannot afford it. So I wasn't insulting him" Halfrida explained as she continued scrutinizing Adelaide.

"Well, my dad didn't buy it either. Last time I went to Stephen's house, my cloth got wet because I fainted and he told me to take any cloth so I chose the hoodie" Adelaide replied as a small smile formed on her face.

"What? So he gave you a hoodie as expensive as this?" Halfrida asked.
"Yes he did"Adelaide replied.
"So you both are now friendsss?" Halfrida asked like a jealous woman.

"Yes. Yesterday, Stephen apologised for the way he has been treating me. So we are now friends. Miss Becky idea of us working together was really nice"Adelaide said

"Wow I'm so happy for you" Halfrida said sarcastically anger evident in her voice.

"Halfrida why are you angry? If Stephen stops bullying me, he would also never bully you" Adelaide explained.

"So are we still friends?" Halfrida asked.

"Yes we are still best friends. No one would take your place in my heart" Adelaide said holding Halfrida's cheeks playfully.

"Ok then" Halfrida replied.
"Hope you didn't sleep with him?" Halfrida asked squeezing her nose as if irritated of something.

"What? Halfrida do you take me for a whore or what? We've been friends for long and I've worked in a bar for years, yet I'm still a virgin. Why would I just sleep with him?" Adelaide asked angrily.

"Because he is very handsome and you may be attracted to him" Halfrida barked as she pointed her index finger at Adelaide.

"What the hell Frida? Watch your words" Adelaide warned tears brimming in her eyes.

"Well,since you have his clothes, perhaps next time he would have your clothes off your body" Halfrida barked, stomped her feet  and  scampered off.

"Halfrida!" Adelaide called out angrily but Halfrida gave her a deaf ear.

"Hi David. What's up" Adelaide asked as David comes in front of her like an angry wolf. He was standing in front of her to obstruct her movement.

"How dare you bitch do what you did yesterday? How dare you say what you don't know about Luke?" David asked angrily.

"I'm sorry. I only said what I knew. I didn't add or subtract anything" Adelaide replied apologetically.

"Shut the hell up . The fact that you are now Stephen's girlfriend doesn't mean you talk anyhow" David barked.

"I'm sorry" Adelaide replied looking down.

"He asked you to be his girlfriend right? I thought that he once told you he had a girlfriend" David barked.

"He doesn't. He was joking that day" Adelaide replied.

"It's Stephen plan to sleep with you and leave you alone" David said as he laughed like a maniac.