Chapter 2

Jazz looked down at her sleeping mom with a brightly colored tribal pattern scarf wrapped her moms head as she snuggled deep in her purple blankets. Still dressed in her navy scrubs, she crawled in bed to cuddle with her mom, careful not to wake her.

Jazz woke up to her mom shaking her gently.

Staring groggily up into chocolate brown eyes that mirrored her own.

"Is it true mommy, your cancer is in remission?" Jazz sat up the bed, staring hopefully at her mother.

"Yes, baby! I fuck that Cancer up!" Her mom grinned and hugged Jazz. "Oh! And you got a call from an unknown number, your phone is so fucking loud, it woke me up. You sleep like the damn dead!" Her mom exclaimed.

"But you told me you was hoping for a call for that job. What was it called.....Hinged Enterprises or Long something.?"

Jazz snatched up her phone from the night stand and redialed the number.

"Thank you for calling WuHong Enterprises! How can I help you?" The customer service representative answered.

*Oh, my Goddess!* Jazz thought as she replied that she missed a phone call from this number and she submitted her resume online.
Scheduling an interview for the next day, Jazz hurriedly did some research on the company and the CEO. There was very vague information online about the CEO but Jazz quickly realized that this would be hard shot she was taking.

*There will probably be many people going for this interview, should I even risk it. I have to call in tomorrow and mom just got into remission. She still has to go through tests and everything..I don't even know if I can miss a day..* Jazz sobered her excitement.

"Go for it." Jazz looked up to her mom's almond-shaped eyes. "I know what your thinking, you are my baby, and don't give up. If you want this job and if its for you, you will get it. The worse that can happen is that they say no. Don't worry about me, baby. It's a mother's job to take care of her children but you took care of me, baby. I couldn't have wished for a better daughter, your strong and brilliant, you can do this." Her mom said while dragging her into a hug.

"Oh, mom!" Jazz said tearfully while hugging her mom, being careful not to hug too tightly on her recovering frail body.

The next day, Jazz stared down at her bare fingers and looking at the other applicants with their perfectly manicured fingernails and dainty open-toed stiletto heels. Looking at her simple black flats and black dress pants to hide her curvaceous ass and thick thighs. Picking at her simple white blouse that wasn't Designer Brand and nervously smoothing her thick mass of long black curls making sure no frizz stood up.

*Dammit, these women look like supermodels. With their Designer clothes and lithe, tall bodies.* Jazz thought. She was curvy and thick, leaning more towards the "plus-sized" department and short at 5'2. There were at least 50 applicants, and that was just for today, seeing that they were doing interviews for the next two weeks.

*Are those Christian Louboutin's heels?* Staring at the shiny red-bottom stilettos as a woman went towards enormous matte glass double doors to a conference room.

*This might be out of my league..* Jazz thought as she again nervously smoothed down her curls.

A stern woman with pale skin and sharp eyes came from the matte glass doors and stated in a high shrilly voice, that there were some changes. Because of the sheer volume of people being called for an interview, they started interviewing people four at a time.

*Great.. just what I need to be... compared to the supermodels. How can I stand out?* Jazz blew a stray curl out of her face. Then her name was called with three other people.

WuHong Enterprises sounded like an Asian-based company so Jazz did some research on basic courtesies in Asian culture. Going through the matte glass double doors, Jazz was happy she did.

A woman with shiny brunette hair and light hazel eyes, dressed to perfection, reached out to shake hands with an older Asian man. The Asian man stared down at the hand in distaste and nodded his head in greeting. The Brunette blushed prettily and bowed deeply, showing respect and turned towards another woman, who towered over the Asian man, and nodded towards her.

Jazz saw the hint of a scowl on a pair of beautiful full caramel lips. The tall woman was over six feet tall with bone straight thick dark brown hair that reached to the middle of her back with creamy brown skin. Cold jade green eyes, thick rimmed with long black eyelashes looked at the women with contempt at the insult.

Nodding, instead of formally bowing in Asian culture is considered disrespectful.

The tall woman had on a deep purple blouse that hugged her full breasts and conservatively hid her cleavage high on her neck but probably left the arms bare. She had on an expensive looking light grey pantsuit that probably cost as much as Jazz made in a year. Jazz could tell she worked out, peeking at the outline of her six-pack abs and how her light grey blazer molded to her ripped biceps.

*She's gorgeous.* Feeling warmth pool between her thighs, Jazz looked down at her black flats. *Get a grip, Jazz!* Taking a deep breath, Jazz looked back up, noticing that every person who went in front of the Asian man and the tall woman did the same thing.

Jazz learned a lot in her years as working as a CNA, including learning how to read the room. Dealing with geriatric patients being confused at one point and belligerent the next, you had to be on your toes. Jazz used that skill to her advantage.

Seeing the contempt grow in the tall woman's eyes as the Asian man took small quick glances up at the tall woman.

*That's apprehension and fear.* Jazz concluded. *The woman is in charge here, and every single person, just dismissed her.*

Jazz felt her heart beat out her chest as she slowly walked up after another woman, a tall blonde with deep sapphire eyes, with a tight deep pink skirt and an extra tight white blouse that showed lots of cleavage bowed at the Asian man, giving him a glimpsed of her big breasts. She looked up seductively. The Asian man looked up as a blush deepened his cheeks.

The blonde woman nodded her head towards the tall light brown skinned woman as she turned with a seductive swish of her boney hips. She walked towards the row of seats lined in front of a marbled desk where the other applicants sat. Disgust entered green eyes of the tall woman and a hint of a snarl twitched on her lips.

Jazz slowly walked up and turned towards the tall woman bowing deeply at her waist as her heart was pounding in her chest. Taking a deep breath and looked up with a small nervous smile. Jazz saw what looked like interest, creep into clear jade eyes and a ghost of a smile on her full caramel lips.

The tall woman bowed respectfully, not as deep as Jazz did, but she bowed back.

Jazz beamed with a big smile and turned towards the Asian man and bowed respectfully. The Asian man finally let an enormous smile cross his face as he bowed towards Jazz. The tall woman lifted an arm towards the seats and nodded her head. Jazz walked over to the seats, feeling the burning glares of the other women sitting down.

The tall woman walked with confidence and almost animalistic grace as she headed towards the seat behind the marbled desk. The Asian man hurriedly scurried around her and pulled out the black plushy office chair and the tall woman sat down.

There was a shocked pause that filled the room as Jazz heard the woman beside her gasp.

Authors note: don't forget to vote, it's the little star on the left hand corner and thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! Any feedback and comments are appreciated