Chapter 3

"I am Cleopatra WuHong and I am the CEO. I dismiss you all." Smooth as silk, Ms. WuHong nodded towards the door.

"Except for you, Ms. Harris."

Jazz froze, surprise widening her almond-shaped eyes. This powerful and beautiful woman knew her name.

The other women got up grudgingly, stalking out the door.

"Now tell me about yourself, Ms. Harris." Cleo stoically ordered while looking into Jazz's chocolate brown eyes.

"Well, I don't have any secretary experience but I am very organized." Jazz started. "I worked as a Certified Nursing Assistant for 5 years and I have experience with working long hours with almost little to no sleep but I am always on time for my shifts. I can multitask, its second nature to me dealing with multiple patients and family members."

"Hmm, do you have anyone in your life, romantically?" Cleo questioned. Jazz felt her mouth go dry at the pop question.

"No, nothing romantic." Jazz stated as she shifted in her chair.

"Good, because at my company, we will work long hours. Sometimes long into the night as we deal with different industries and clients. Occasionally, you will accompany me on trips to unfamiliar parts of the world and I did noticed that you read the room. I usually pride myself on hiding my emotions and no one can read me like you did today. Impressive." Cleo nodded her head towards the Asian man standing a little away from the desk.

"Dismiss all other applicants, unless Ms. Harris refuses the job offer?" Jade green eyes pierced through Jazz.

Sputtering at the surprise job offer, Jazz felt her jaw slackened.

"Yes! I would love to work for you!" Jazz jumped up and bowed deeply towards Cleo. Jazz looked up and saw that ghost of a smile.

"Very good. Mr. Hyuong will show you everything you need to know. I had to pull him from retirement, seeing as he has been with my adoptive family for years and has helped me build my company. Treat him with respect. I will see you next week on Monday at 07:30 sharp. I fired my last secretary for being a minute late. Do you understand?" Cleo's green eyes sharpened.

Jazz felt her nipples tightened as heat pooled between her legs at the sharp command.

"Yes, Ms. WuHong." Jazz said, hoping her voice didn't sound as breathless as she felt.

"Very good." Heat built in those clear green eyes. Cleo continued, "Mr. Hyuong will also need to get your banking information to set up your direct deposit for your sign-on bonus."

Jazz looked at Cleo with a questioning tilt to her head. "I'm sorry, Ms. WuHong. There's a sign-on bonus?"

Cleo's eyes widened in surprise, "Yes there is, Ms. Harris. I thought every platform had that highlighted." Cleo waved her hand in the air. "Well, it's of no consequence now. There is a $100,000 sign-on bonus and will be deposited into your account later this evening."

Jazz felt a little light-headed. "Thats more than enough to cover my mother's medical bills." Jazz whispered numbly, in shock.

"Medical bills, does your mother need some help. I can offer you anything you may need." Jazz looked up, not realizing she said that out loud.

"Oh no! I couldn't possibly ask you for help with that, the sign-on bonus will be more than enough and we found out yesterday that my mom is in remission from breast cancer." Jazz stated, with a giant smile beaming on her face. Cleo nodded with a hint of warmth in her stoic jade eyes.

"That's excellent news, Ms. Harris. Well, celebrate with your mother. Get some rest and I will see you on Monday. Do not be late." Cleo reiterated as she stood up. Jazz looked up at the tall woman, nearly dwarfing her and smiled.

*Oh my goddess, she's so delectable. I wouldn't mind climbing this tree.* Jazz thought, unconsciously biting her full bottom lip.

Cleo glanced down at Jazz's lips, as an unreadable look entered her eyes.

Cleo cleared her throat in her fist, and Jazz snapped out of her daze.

"Oh, yes! Thank you so much. I'm so sorry for taking up your time Ms. WuHong! Thank you so much for this opportunity!" Jazz babbled and bowed again. Turning to follow Mr. Hyuong out the door. Glancing behind her, Jazz saw Cleo's back, she was looking out the floor to ceiling windows overlooking downtown Atlanta.

Getting all the information from Mr. Hyuong and scheduling an appointment with him later in the week, Jazz wanted to get a head start on her duties even though her training started on Monday.

Jazz floated to her car and headed home. She told her mom what happened, and they celebrated. Her mom drinking bottled water and Jazz getting tipsy off her Mascato wine.

She ended up spending her sign-on bonus on her mom. She couldn't believe it, she got the job, and it pays almost $700,000 a year for being a secretary of the CEO. WuHong industries were valued at $500 billion dollars a year. She shook her head.

*I can't believe it.*

*I still can't believe it.* Jazz thought as she went through the security check-points on the lower level of the 60-floor building that towered over downtown Atlanta.

She looked down at her phone, 07:22 am, and blew a stray curl that hung from her thrown up messy bun. *Whew!...I made it by the skin of my teeth.*

Jazz normally is there at 07:15 am with her boss coming out the elevator at 07:25 am. Only a couple minutes to spare, she pressed her thumb against the silver pad and put her eye against the retinal scanner. A bright green light flashing with her picture that popped up the tablet-like screen over the chrome buttons.

She pressed the 60th floor and waited anxiously, hoping nobody got on the elevator.

Authors note: don't forget to vote, it's the little star on the left hand corner and thank you so much for taking the time to read my story! Any feedback and comments are appreciated