twenty-one

"Marry Me" -Dolly Parton 

Later into the evening, the couple spent their time in the bedroom...researching. 

     Anna was doing some deep digging on folklore for her next book within The Shifter Chronicles series whereas Lars, he was looking up the mysterious woman that was Midge Price. 

     It took some convincing, but with the promise of doing Anna's dishes for the next month, Lars had got his girlfriend to show him some of the letters and postcards the pair had sent each other. It was clear as day that the woman was also a writer, much like Lars' beloved, and a talented one at that. 

     Anna sat at her small wooden desk, typing away only God knew what while Lars sat on the bed, his back leaned up against the headboard while a medium-sized, vintage suitcase sat next to him. 

     The beefcake looked over at his woman for a moment as she hummed along to a root rock band that played through her headphones loudly. Every once in a while, she would sing along which in turn, made a smile rise to the man's face. 

     To be honest, Anna forgot Lars was even in the room, for she was too deep into her research to notice him. In the beginning, when she had given him all the letters she saved, she avoided him for the two women discussed some raunchy things.

      Many of those things included the men in their life. 

     Mainly, Midge was the one to initiate the scandalous talk, for Anna's Catholic guilt got the best of her. Anna wore the noise-canceling headphones on purpose, afraid of Lars' commentary. 

      Many letters had photos stored with them. Many were of Midge and from what the letter told him, the boyfriend, Laurie. Some were of the couple in costumes where the man was dressed as none other than Captain America himself. The likeness was uncanny, Lars had thought. 

     The one condition Anna had for Lars when he had convinced her to let him read some letters, was that each letter had to be put back in its original envelope and that they had to stay in order. 

     Lars knew that Anna had a thing with sharing, that it was hard for her to do. Now, Lars was no psychologist, but he was able to get that with the way she grew up. She never got to have anything to herself. Hence why she was a pack-rat, and everything had its own spot. 

     Some other photos were of the home that the women resided in, two large dogs he didn't know the name of, and a majority of the photos were of beautiful scenery. 

     Anna had mentioned that the second Midge got her bachelor's degree, she packed her life into the back of her car and traveled anywhere she could. 

     Upon remembering, Lars searched for recent letters or postcards. 

     He remembered how when Anna and himself first officially reunited, Anna had a few postcards up on the wall by the front door of her home before she took them down to be stored away. He searched for them and found a couple of a recent holiday the couple, Midge and Laurie, went on. 

     One from the Swiss Alps stuck out to him. On the back, Midge discussed how the couple ran into some car trouble in the middle of nowhere, how the movie based on one of her books was going, and the women even mentioned Lars. 

     Followed by a sex joke regarding the man, which made Lars laugh loud enough to make Anna turn in her desk chair, Lars pulled out his laptop fully to do his research.

     "What are you giggling about over there?" Anna asked him.

     "I don't giggle," He grumbled. To not embarrass her, he answered, "Midge is quite the character."