thirty-two

"Leaning On You" -HAIM

"Goddammit, Darcy! Stop running away from me!" Anna chased the Rottweiler through the store. 

     Lars laughed when she tripped on the skirt of her costume before filling the bowl in front of him with candy.

     "Anna, honey, leave him alone. He's having fun," Lars smiled over at her.

     She huffed before she sent a glare towards the dog. Darcy ran after a tennis ball before jumping on it, slobbering all over the thing, "I just don't him running out when the trick or treaters start comin' 'round," Anna placed her elbow on the other side of the counter, her chin in her hand as she pouted up at Lars.

     "We'll lock him upstairs then. The kids aren't due for another ten minutes anyways," Lars reached across the counter to quickly kiss her nose. Her pout was still evident, so he sent her a raised brow, "What's the matter, my love?"

     Anna stomped her foot and whimpered, looking back over at Darcy, "He wouldn't let me put the antlers on him," she had grumbled.

     Lars threw the empty candy bag into the bin behind the counter before whistling loudly for Darcy. Anna couldn't help it when she flinched at the sound, not expecting it, and then flushed when dirty thoughts entered her mind.

      All he did was whistle, and it got her hot and heavy.

     The Rottweiler trotted over with the tennis ball in his mouth and then sat in front of Lars like a good dog, "Now, Darcy. Momma wants you to wear your costume, and if you don't, you're going to go upstairs by yourself," Lars said as he crouched down in front of the dog.

     Darcy sat staring at Lars for only a moment before trotting over the back where the stairs to the upstairs were. Lars let out a small grunt as he stood, his knees cracking some, which made Anna laugh a little to herself.

     "I guess that's a no to the antlers," Anna said as she spun around in her dress.

     Lars watched her as she ran around the store to fix the Halloween decorations she had begged him to let her put up. In his attempt to be cheeky, he tried to feign disinterest even though they both knew he couldn't say no to her. 

     Anna had gotten frustrated anyways, especially when he started to pretend to ignore her. As payback, Anna got him to wear a costume with her, and he had been uncomfortable since the moment he saw the thing.

      Through her friend Midge, Anna was able to get in contact with a costume director in Hollywood who was able to lend the Anna and Kristoff outfits for the holiday. The movie Frozen was over fifteen years old and still a big hit with kids.

     Anna saw Lars itch at his chest for the hundredth time since putting on the costume and sent a glare his way, "Lars Nordin!"

     Like a deer caught in headlights, Lars' head snapped over to her, "Ma'am?"

     Anna groaned in annoyance, "Don't ma'am me. Stop pickin' at your costume, old man!"

     "Old man?"

     "Don't think I didn't hear your knees snap, crackin', and poppin' over there."

     Lars chuckled heartedly, so hard he placed a hand over his chest. Just as he began to calm down, kids were seen walking the streets. It was halfway through, when another little girl looked up at Anna, and her braids with amazement, and Lars couldn't help himself. He kissed her smack dab on the lips as the little girl walked away with a hand full of candy from Anna.