MARADO ISLAND

***DAY 6 OF TAEHYUNG***

The group wake up early as usual. Taehyung asked Eunwoo about the schedule for today and the chef informed him that it won't be hectic anymore because they were just going to have the assessment of the locals today. 

Taehyung just learned that there are groups of volunteers who were assigned to teach the children how to read & write. Taehyung remembers the school supplies they brought on the other side of the island before. Aside from that, they were also going to check the workshops going on with the mothers. They were also busy doing accessories made out of shells and other raw products found in the island. Over all, they will just check everything today because tomorrow will be just a fun day for everyone since it will be the last day of the mission. 

Taehyung thanked Eunwoo for informing him. The group are ready and about to get in the jeep when they all paused because of the front seat. Taehyung is now hesitant to take the seat beside Jungkook and Eunwoo doesn't want to take it either. Good thing that Yugyeom realized what's going on so he breaks the silence!

"Finally I got to take the front seat today!" he blurted out before settling beside the silent team leader. 

Taehyung & Eunwoo silently sits at the back before Jungkook starts to drive towards their location where the locals are. Jungkook momentarily forgot the tension between him and the socialite when he saw Taehyung running towards the kids. He runs towards him too to warn him about the traps they have for wild animals in that area. 

"Taehyung stoooop!" Jungkook screams when he saw that the pretty boy is about to step in one of the traps.

Everyone is already at their assigned cottages and Jungkook doesn't know why Taehyung is late alone again until he saw that the boy is holding a whole bag in his hands. He doesn't even know what's inside it! 

"Jungkook-ssi, w-what is going on?" Taehyung asked nervously. Jungkook has to clench his jaw upon hearing his name. If that was said yesterday, he'd probably grabbed the other while no one is looking, but he knows Taehyung called him that because he got nervous & not because he's teasing him. Them sleeping separately last night was a clear message to one another. What happened in the hot spring was just a product of their body heat and nothing more. Jungkook carefully takes another step, making sure he won't make a mistake too because the traps in that area are for wild animals.

 "Why did you even goes this way?" Taehyung gulps when he heard the familiar strict voice of Jungkook that he hasn't heard for a while. 

"It's closer to the--" 

"There's a reason why people had to walk that longer way because sometimes shortcuts won't do you any good!" Jungkook said that makes them both quiet. 

Taehyung doesn't even know why they're both being cold to each other but hearing the other say those words just convinces him more that he has to stay away from him. He just met him a few days ago and he's already flipping his world upside down. He can't have that! Jungkook on the other hand continues to step closer to him but when he's few meters away from the youngest Kim, the island is suddenly startled with a loud sound. He immediately looks up to see a private chopper maneuvering on air, probably spotting a safe place to land. 

The two of them look at each other as if asking each other a question.

 "I'm not the team leader so I have no idea what is that or who is that!" Taehyung defensively yelled at him when he saw Jungkook giving him the look. The team leader hurriedly went into him & help him out.

***The private chopper successfully landed. Jungkook and the military immediately went to check who the intruders are because they have no idea who might it be since they only travel by the sea. Jungkook raised his eyebrows the moment he saw their guests because he knows them!