Chapter 34- Dormire

Jax's POV
My phone began to rang so I quickly picked it up and headed onto the balcony.

"Hello." I answer.

"We have a problem." Gio tells me. For fuck sake.

"What's the problem?" I ask

I sighed and then listened to Gio explaining about some shipment.

"You need to get down here." He tells me.

"How do you expect me to do that?" I ask. I can't just leave Lara here to go to work. What am I even supposed to say.

"Drive." He says in a 'duh' tone.

"Gio, Lara is literally checking on Alannah right now. What am I supposed to say?" I ask.

"Wait till she falls asleep."

"I won't make it down there till like 3am." I sigh.

"Alright just make it as fast as you can." He says before hanging up.

I make my way back into the bedroom to see Lara asleep. I walk over to her and place my hand on her cheek causing her to flinch.

I guess she wasn't asleep then.

"It's just me." I say and she moves her hand on top of mine. I smile down at her as she yawns.

"Is everything alright, you were on the phone for ages?" She asks I sigh softly.

"It was just work, nothing you need to worry about." I say and she nods slightly.

She hadn't bothered to open her eyes the whole time I've been back.

She takes her hand from mine on her cheek and then gets more comfortable. I take my hand from her cheek and get into bed beside her.

I move closely to her and put my one arm under her neck and the other around her waist. I place my head in the crook of her neck.

She smells exactly like lavander and Vanilla. She always smells like lavander but now its mixed with Vanilla she smells so amazing.

It took about twenty minutes for me to be sure Lara was definitely asleep.

I gently remove my arms from her body. She shifts slightly and I move away and as quietly as possible head to my closet.

I only put on some trousers and a shirt, I tie my tie quickly which was hard as it was quite dark. I grab my phone and quietly head out of the room.

"Uh where are you going?" Mom asks as I start walking down the stairs.

"To the warehouse." I say grabbing my keys off Alfred.

"Does Lara know where your going?" She asks.

"Nope she's asleep." I say quickly fixing my tie.

"I thought she struggled to sleep without you?" She asks walking down a few steps to me. She starts fixing my tie for me.

"She can't that's why I'm trying to be as fast as possible." I say and she sighs but nods.

"Go then." She says and I smile and kiss her cheek before getting in my car.

I head to the warehouse and walk in. The men greet me but I head straight for my dad's office.

"Brazilian's?" I question once I see Gio and his dad on either side of my dad. They were all looking at a computer screen.

"Yep." Gio says looking up at me.

"Nice to see you got dressed." Dad says and I roll my eyes.

"You do know mom is awake don't you?" I ask and he sighs.