Chapter 4-Tension

Kirstie POV
Me and Avi sit on each side of Kevin. I'm antsy; I wish I were next to Avi. Kevin was talking to us, and I was genuinely trying to listen to him, but I always caught myself staring at the bass man himself. He was listening to Kevin in full attention. I was staring, and his glance met my stare. He winked, and put his attention fully to Kevin again. I could tell they would be best friends, it would take some time though. Honestly, I really like him, too, but I rather be with Avi. I don't love him, at least yet. I just want to get to know my soul mate. I want to go on that date, when Kevin interrupts me from my thoughts.
"So, I see you have no time on your bracelet. Who's the lucky dude?" Kevin wiggled his eyebrows.
"Um..."I stammered, extremely flustered.
"I think it's me. I don't wear my bracelet," he moved closer.
"Um, no, I'm, um..." I look at Avi, who is sitting intently, hands folded over his crossed legs. He grinned.
"Ha!" Kevin laughed, "We totally got you!"
'Does he know?' I mouthed to Avi. He nodded his head yes in reply. I let a sigh out in relief.

"Soul mates, eh?" Kevin nudged Avi with his elbow.

"We're taking it REALLY slow," Avi answered. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, you better. Have either of you had a boyfriend/girlfriend in the past?" Kevin asked. Avi held up a full hand, and I hold up a three. To quote Cindy Lauper, "Girls just wanna have fun".

"I actually dated Mitch." I laughed. Avi's eyes went huge, and I waved an uncaring hand at him.

"My name," Mitch poked his head in the doorway.

"Yeah, we were talking about when we dated," I said.

"Oh yeah, keep your hands off my ex!" Mitch pointed a finger between us two. Avi's eyes were huge, while I just chucked along with the joke he always makes. He was my first boyfriend, and then he was gay, so it didn't work out. I'll have to tell Avi later. We stood up, and practiced for the first show.