THE ANGST CHAPTER OF HATE AND UGH

"I'm sorry Nico, I just can't." Percy said through the FaceTime video that was already starting to lose connection.

"Percy... It's New Years... I wanna kiss you at midnight." Nico said, tears in his eyes. "It's like saying that we're gonna be together for the next year... It's not just a kiss, it's a promise."

"Nico, the snow here..." Percy ran his fingers through his hair. "I want to. But everything's canceled."

"Purse..."

"Please don't."

"But I-"

"Nico, I'm sorry."

"*sniff*"

"Don't, please. You're making it harder for me..."

"It's hard for me, too, dammit!" Nico snapped, tears streaming.

"It's the weather Nico! I can't do anything!" Percy angrily gestured to the window. "Watch as I open the door..."

The snow was easily four feet high, blocking the entryway.

"I wanna get to you, but hell, I can't even get out the damn door."

"Percy."

"Mhm?"

"I can't do this."

"What?"

"Be without you."

"Don't do anything rash, Nico."

"I don't wanna be without you."

"I know, Nico, it's agony."
*cue Chris Pine and Billy Magnussen - Agony*

"But I just-"

"Nico, I just absolutely l-"

With that the FaceTime ended. Percy's face disappeared from the screen. The snow must have knocked down the wifi.

"I love you, too. And I promise I'm yours this year. All yours, Purse. I'll encourage your smiles. I'll laugh at your stupid jokes. I'll make pancakes for you on lazy Sundays and we'll go down to Virginia to tan on the beach. We'll get ice cream together on the boardwalk and give each other kisses in between licks. Because I love you, Percy. And we're gonna last. We're gonna get married, too, you watch. And even though you'll never hear any of this, I'll always let you know that I love you. Even when I'm laughing, and you won't take me seriously, but I mean it. I love Percy Jackson."

With that, Nico threw his head on the table, into his arms, and began to sob.

Alone on New Year's.

No one to kiss.