two

[ updated 4/7/21 ]

I came to a halt in front of the boarding house. Stefan decided that he wanted Elena to meet his "boisterous" best friend. Some part of me was nervous while the other was excited; Stefan didn't give his heart to just anyone.

When I knocked on the door, I waited a few minutes before the door had finally opened. Damon was leaning on the door, examining me once more. "You coming is an everyday thing now?" he said tonelessly. I clenched my jaw in annoyance.

"I only come when Stefan asks me to come, don't flatter yourself," I reply.

"Well, if that's the case, I'll tell Stefan to stop inviting you," he boasted with a cold smile. I pushed past him, not waiting for the invitation to come in, and I heard him quietly curse from behind me.

"Wheres Stefan?" I faced him while as he was coming back from the front door.

"Taking a cruise in the Atlantic," he snorted," where do you think he is?" My mouth set in a hard line as I continued to glare at him.

"Dick," I spat. He just smirked and turned his attention away.

"Don't start, Damon," Stefan comes in from the other room with a frown already starting to grow on his face.

"Whatever you say, baby bro. Don't let me get in the way of you and your so-called best friend," he says as he plops down on the couch while gazing between us.

I wanted to mouth him off, but a knock on the door cut me off. I managed to glance at Damon, and arrogance was written all over his face as he stared at me back.

"Melina, this is Elena," I hear Stefan say. I turn my attention towards the doorway, and my entire body became stiff. She looked exactly like Katherine Pierce.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you. Stefan told me all about you," she had on a friendly smile while her hand was outreached to shake mine. I stood there, stunned at the eery resemblance. But before things would have gotten awkward, I quickly took her hand in mine.

"It's nice to meet you too," I managed to say. I threw in my best smile, hoping my body wouldn't betray me.

"Well, how sweet is that," I hear Damon say from behind me. I didn't need to see his face to know he had a smug smile on it. Elena's eyes narrowed as she glared at him.

"Ignore him. It's what I do," she gave him a cheeky smile as she wrapped her arm with Stefans.

Stefan motioned for us to sit in the central area. Stefan and Elena sat next to each other while I sat on the couch right across from them. Elena was in the process of asking a question when I felt the couch dip. I looked to my right and saw Damon sitting next to me, too close for my comfort. He saw me staring at him and winked. I scrunched up my face in annoyance and proceeded to inch away from him.

"Stefan tells me you guys have been friends for what, ten years?" she asked. I felt Damons eyes on me when I smiled and crossed my legs.

"Yes, ten years. It seems pretty crazy when I think about it. I never really spent that long with anyone despite immortality."

"I guess I should be flattered," Stefan said.

"Yes, you should," I replied, and he rolled his eyes, trying to hide the smile creeping on his face.

"So was it just the two of you?" Damon asked," for ten years, I mean," his smile had no hint of warmth.

Stefan glared at him. "For the most part, yes," I replied before he had a chance.

"I would have liked to meet Stefan in the 70s," Elena said, looking at Stefan, her eyes gleaming with love. He laughed and shook his head.

"I was pretty much a bore," he said. I narrowed my eyes and leaned forward.