ten

I opened my eyes and I was in a different room and this time, I was laying on a bed. I carefully pulled myself up and looked around. There was no one else here and I didn't feel as weak as before.

I walked to the door and tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. I scanned the room to see if I could find anything to help me escape but there wasn't anything. I decided to just run at the door and try to knock it open with my body. I wasn't sure it would even work since I was still a bit weak and in slight pain from the poison they put in me.

I took a few steps back and gathered all of my strength. This was my chance to escape and I wasn't going to let it slip. I clenched my fist and made a run for it. I hit the door with my side as hard as I could but it didn't open. I winced from the pain that shot through my entire body.

I decided to try again. I took a few steps back and made a run for it and this time, I hit it harder than I did before and the door nudged. I stood there and pushed the door open with my hand and I sighed from relief. I looked both ways and saw and heard no one. I slowly started walking down the hallway and was always looking behind me just in case.

I didn't know how long I've been down for or if Damon and Stefan were still here. I turned a corner and entered a room with about two other guys. I stopped in my track and my heart started to beat faster. They both saw me and came rushing towards me. I decided I was gonna try to take them both despite being weak.

The first man came to me and I fought him. I dodged all of his punches and kicked him in the stomach. I grabbed him by his neck and threw him across the floor as the other man neared me.

He was much stronger than the other man and was quick with his movements. He blocked all of my punches and kicks and he threw me on the ground. The pain was excruciating but I pushed myself up. They both start walking towards me again and I didn't know what to do. I decided to make a run for it so I turned around and vamp sped through the door. I didn't get very far because I bumped into another man.

"How the hell did she escape? She's weaker than a human and you two idiots couldn't restrain her?" The man scoffed as he was talking to the two guys. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me away. I tried to pull his hands off my arm but his grip was too strong.

"Where are Stefan and Damon?" I asked him. He turned to look at me as we were walking and he rolled his eyes.

"Your boyfriends were told to give us the actual Katherine or we'd kill you. They left in a heartbeat and should be here soon."

"Why do you care about Katherine so much? She's a selfish bitch who only cares about herself," I scolded. He opened a door to a room and threw me inside.

"Watch her for me," he told someone next to him. I got up and faced the wall across from the door as he walked away. The other man came into the room and shut the door loudly.

"Don't try anything," he ordered. His voice was deep and familiar. I turned around to face him and I couldn't believe who I saw.

I felt my heart stop beating and my stomach drop completely. My breaths were slowed and shortened as I looked into his eyes. It's impossible, It couldn't be him. I saw him die right in front of me.

"Jayce?" my voice was quiet and choked up. His eyes grew wider and brighter as it met with mine.

"Oh my god," he gasped. He slowly made his way towards me and his eyes were darting on mine. He lifted his arm and gently stroked my cheek with his thumb and his face relaxed.

"How is this possible? I saw you die with my own eyes. How are you here?" my eyes flooded with tears and he sighed.

"It's a lot to explain but I'm here," his mouth curved to a smile and he pulled me in for a hug. I was still stunned and confused but I wrapped my arms around him. The moment I hugged him all the tears in my eyes rolled down my face. He pulled away and frowned when he saw me.