twelve

"If you want me to find your brother, I'm gonna need some of your blood," Bonnie tells me. We were seated in the living room of the Salvatores waiting for Bonnie to perform a locater spell. I highly doubted my kidnappers were still residing in the same place they took me to, knowing their location was exposed.

I grabbed the small pocket knife Bonnie handed me and I made a deep cut on my hand. I placed my hand over the map on the table letting my blood drop in the middle of it.

She closed her eyes and started chanting. I was pacing around the table half worried and half scared of what we'll find. Damon saw me and placed his hand on my back and gave me a small smile. We have yet to discuss what happened yesterday but he knew that finding my brother was the only thing on my mind.

The blood started to slowly move across the map and it was getting further and further away from Mystic Falls. I let out a huge sigh of relief knowing he was still alive and was still out there somewhere.

"There," she motioned. I looked down and saw that the big glob of blood was resting on Louisiana.

"What the hell is he doing there?" Damon asked.

"How am I supposed to find him? Can you get any closer? Maybe pinpoint an exact location?" I asked.

"It doesn't work like that. That's as close as I can get, I'm sorry," she sighed. I nodded and thanked her for helping me. She gathered all of her things and Damon walked her to the door. I stood in front of the fireplace chewing on my nails and devising up a plan.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours," Damon says walking back to me. I rolled my eyes and turned around to see him smirking.

"That it's impossible to find Jay," I plopped down on the couch next to him and he put his arm around me.

"We'll search every corner of Louisiana if it comes to that," he teased. I cocked my head and nudged him in the chest with my shoulder.

"There's gotta be an easier way to find him than going through every city in that state," I huffed. I started tapping my foot and brainstorming ways to make this search easier.

After a couple of minutes, it finally hit me and my eyes grew brighter. I looked at Damon and he was studying me with glazed eyes. I got up and went over to the map that was still on the table and smiled.

"It's so clearly obvious now," I exclaimed. There was only one city in Louisianna that any and every supernatural creature would visit once in their life.

"Uh, what's obvious?" I turned around to look at Damon and he looked at me bewildered.

"He's in New Orleans," I beamed. His face drops and he raises his eyebrows.

"You know what else is in New Orleans? A not so very friendly family of originals," he cautioned. I sighed loudly and tilted my head in annoyance. I knew he wasn't gonna let me go.

"I'm not afraid of some old vampires Damon. I'm just gonna go there to get my brother and come back," I started towards the door but he darted in front of me. He looked down at me glowering and bit his lip.

"I'm not gonna let you go to New Orleans to get killed by any original or the freaky witches that lurk every corner. We'll find another way to get him back," he said lowly. I scoffed at his reasoning and pushed myself away from him.

"Are you serious right now?" I chided. He pinched the bridge of his nose and started to slowly walk towards me.

"Have you even met the Mikealsons? That whole family has tried to kill me at least five times!" he shouted. I turned my head to the ceiling to gather my breath and hold in my anger. He had no right to deny me the chance of finding my brother who I've lost for 80 some years.