seven

"A toast. To ridding the world of Katherine Pierce once again," Stefan says. We all raised our glasses and drank. We gathered at the Salvatores for a mini celebration for what we accomplished. Stefan had mostly done it because he was glad Katherine didn't kill me.

"I, for once, am glad the bitch is locked up," Damon says.

"I second that," Caroline says.

"Me too," Elena follows.

My entire life all I ever wanted was to kill Katherine or to see her suffer. I thought it would make me feel better after she killed Roger but it didn't. The gaping hole in my heart and soul was still present. I looked around and saw everyone talking to each other as I sat in silence. Elena was with Bonnie and Caroline, Jeremy with Tyler and Matt.

"You okay," Stefan asked me.

"Always," I smiled at him."I'm gonna go get a glass of water." I got up and went to the kitchen. I was leaning on the counter and looking up at the ceiling. Everything was good so why do I suddenly feel so bad? I needed to talk to Katherine. I needed her to tell me about Roger. I left the kitchen and started to walk back.

"Where are you going?" Damon asks as he appeared in front of me.

"Nowhere," I cleared my throat and gave him a fake smile.

"Mhm. So you wouldn't mind if I tagged along?" he asked.

"What do you want Damon?" I said exasperated. I wasn't in the mood for his cockiness.

"Making sure you don't do anything stupid. Like see Katherine per se," he simpered. I raised my eyebrows. How the hell did he know?

"And what makes you say that?" I pinched my lips.

"I'm not an idiot Melina," I rolled my eyes.

"Leave me alone," I grinned. I pushed past him and was going to leave.

"I'll tell Stefan where you're going," he says from behind me.

"Why do you even care? As you said, she can't leave the tomb so there's no harm in me going," I snapped.

"I'll come with you or you're not going," he crossed his arms and cocked his head. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"You are so annoying, I hope you know that," I scowled. I walked back to where everyone was and told them I had to leave to "do a thing" and Damon said he was tagging along. Everyone was confused as to why we were going together because, for all they knew, we hated each other.

"Don't tempt her in any way. She can get to you so fair warning," he says as he pulls the wall away. Once he removed it, I looked into the tomb but I didn't see her. After a few seconds, we hear her slowly walking up to us.

"You here to gloat?" she asked. Her voice was chalky.

"I just wanna talk," I say tossing a small bottle filled with blood. She grabbed it and chugged it in seconds.

"What, you bring a bodyguard?" she said looking at Damon. Before he could say anything, I spoke.

"You talk, you get blood," I told her. She glared at me but nodded her head.

"What do you even wanna talk to her about?" Damon whispered to me. Katherine laughed and sat down on the floor.

"Her boyfriend that I killed. You wanna know if he said anything about you don't you?" she asked. I just stayed silent and kept my eyes glued to hers. "If it rekindles young love I don't suppose why not," I walked closer to her and leaned on the wall to face her.