eleven

When I woke up, I looked outside and saw that the sun was already up. I pushed myself off the bed and started rubbing my eyes. I felt much better after I got a good night's sleep and all I needed now was some blood.

I went to the bathroom to freshen up and shower. I had been stuck in that gloomy place for two days and I felt disgusting. Once I was done, I dried my hair and put on new clothes that I found in my room courtesy of Stefan.

I went downstairs and into the living room but I didn't see anyone there. I figured they were still sleeping or might have gone somewhere. I decided to go down to where they kept their blood supply and have some for myself. I opened up the cooler and my hunger rose. It struck me so fast that I wanted to drink every last bag that was in there but I tried to control myself. I took a bag and quickly closed it. I went back to the living room and I saw Elena standing by the door.

"Elena hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I heard about what happened. I'm so glad you're okay Melina," she sighed.

"Yeah, thank you," I acknowledged. "Are you here for Stefan?"

"No actually, I came for you," she walked up to me and I cocked my head in confusion. "Tonight is the Founders Ball and I want you to go. I know you've been through a lot these past few days but I figure a little music and dancing might help?" she gave me a dimpled smiled and her eyes were bright with excitement.

"Of course she'll go," said a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw Damon coming down the stairs smirking. I looked at Elena and she was giving me a look and I knew it had to do with Damon and what I told her about us.

"Yeah why not," I exhaled. Elena beamed in joy and started digging through her bag until she found her phone.

"Let me call the dress shop to let them know we're coming," she excused herself and went to another part of the house for some privacy. Damon stood in front of me, examining my face to see if he would find anything to be worried about.

"How'd you sleep," he says after a while.

"Good" he squints at me almost not believing what I said. "Are you going to the ball?" I asked, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Yup and you're going with me," he grinned.

"What do you mean I'm 'going with you'?" I raised my eyebrows and he continued to grin. He went to pour himself a glass of bourbon then came up to again.

"Well you know, Stefans going with Elena and Tylers going with Caroline, etc.," he cleared his throat and drank the entire glass in one sip. My jaw dropped after realizing what he meant and I was smiling.

"So you want me to be your date?" I teased. He closed his mouth and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well if you put it like that," he smirked and did that eye thing he always did.

"Uh-huh," I said watching him.

"I mean, unless you'd rather go alone which is pretty sad but," he sighed sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Says the one who didn't have anyone to go with so you reeled me in," I raised my eyebrow and bit my lip. He pretended to be hurt and looked at the ground.

When he turned to me again, I noticed that his eyes were focused on my lips and his body was close to mine. It didn't take a genius to know what he was thinking or what he wanted. I turned away from him as I heard Elena's footsteps get closer.

"They said they couldn't provide you with a dress since it's late but I got Caroline to take care of that so we have to go right now," she said coming from the hallway that led to the library.