Chp. 13 Lonely

Even though my mom hated me I had to give her a call the next day after I finally felt a little better (pain wise). Anxiety was happening and my mom just told me how I was a disgrace and never allowed back home. I was fine with that and honestly she could not control who I dated. A few minutes later I was confronted by my "girlfriend". We weren't official at that moment and I still waited for her to ask. Every minute with her made me happy. We didn't kiss either since she was just too nervous. I don't know why but I had a gut feeling that she would never ask me to be her girlfriend. She started cooking lunch and I just sat and watch or I was on my phone. She didn't seem as happy as the day before meaning she seemed tired. I asked her if she was ok and she responded with "yes I am fine, just overwhelmed with work at the moment".  I grabbed the food she made and headed to the couch. She went back to work in her home office. hours went by with nothing much to do except enjoy myself in the big house with a pool. After dinner, we heard a quick knock on the door to find some random guy. Natasha immediately recognized him and asked what was up. He was talking to her and I could hardly hear the conversation but Natasha began to look upset in an unusual way. She closed the door and ran to me crying on my shoulders. I was worried but had to know what was going on. I told her to tell me what that conversation was about. "He was asking about Lindsey saying she never showed up for the tour bus to leave so they came to my house to pick her up". Something was wrong in this situation. I told her "Wait but Lindsey left and she also said that on the note, we need to call the police immediately". She just ran up to the bedroom without telling me what to do. I grabbed the phone and called the police and within hours an investigation was starting. I went to talk to Natasha but she ignored me for a while. I walked out of the house the next day and began to start my own search for Lindsey. I went to the lake down the street as before. I threw a stone in the water praying for her to come back. life was difficult for me and Lindsey.