Chapter 7

Jaxton told me he wanted to wait until my side was healed before he claimed me. We ate the rabbit he caught and watched the sunset. I curled myself into his arms and he rubbed my back as I fell asleep.

I woke up to the feeling of being lifted into the air, making my stomach drop into my toes. I grabbed onto the strong tattooed shoulders, Jaxton was cradling me against his chest like I was a baby. Quite impressive if you know that I'm 5'6" and generously gifted in certain parts of my body. Jaxton must've been at least 6'1" judging by how scary it was to be this high up.

Jaxton chuckled at my sleepy form clinging to him before shushing me and placing me down on the moss bed. I grumbled and turned towards his standing form, my bottom lip stuck out. I raised both my arms trying to look as cold and pitiful as I could ignoring his glaces towards where my shirt was riding up exposing my tan thighs.

"Shh little one," Jaxton reached for the bottom of the large shirt pulling it down to cover up as much of my legs as he could. He only succeeded in getting the rough fabric halfway down my thighs. "I'll be back, pretty girl. I have to take a leak and then I'll make sure you're nice and cozy."

Jaxton leaned down and gave me a kiss on my forehead, smiling when I let myself relax. Jaxton walked out of the cave and disappeared from my view when he turned the corner. He'd probably go far so no scent would make its way back into the den.

I sighed and rolled onto my stomach, my side had been giving me less trouble, but was still a very colorful painting. I heard footsteps outside the den and sat up quickly staring into the dark of the night. I knew whoever was out there was not my male.

Heavy breathing soon accompanied the footsteps and I took off the shirt moving quietly to the very back of the cave. The wind blew the strange male's scent into the den and I cringed. It wasn't that he smelled bad, the wolf just smelled off. He didn't smell like my male, he smelled like the ocean and salt, not rain in the forest and the wind.

I shifted into my wolf the light brown fur blending into the darkness of the cave. My skin pricked as my hackles raised, the male was a reddish color illuminated by the moonlight. His chest was heaving and I wondered for the first time where my males flare gun was, in case this went as badly as I expected it to. There were still four females left and only 6 days for them to be claimed...too bad I was one of them.

I lunged for the front of the cave ignoring the slight pain from my side and almost healed cut. The male jumped back in shock and I ran past him turning on a dime to face him head-on with a snarl leaving my throat as he looked at me. I kept my eyes from flashing the light pastel blue of my wolf keeping them green. If he found out I was an omega he'd try his hardest to claim me rather than giving up to find an easier female.

The red-colored male growled in warning, baring his teeth to get me to submit. I bared mine right back at him showing off my large white canines and snapping them at him. I watched the way he moved as he began to circle me. I made sure he never got close enough to jump me from behind. The male's eyes glowed a dark blue his wolf seemed to be in control clearly angered by my lack of respect.

Normally this show of dominance would have me on my back showing my stomach like a white flag. This time though I had something to fight through the urge, thoughts of my handsome male filling my head as I stared at the red wolf.

He lunged and snapped at me going for my front paw. I moved away, spun, and jumped on his back as I did. I bit his neck, chomping on it, shaking my head back and forth. He yelped as flesh tore underneath my canines. I ripped away a chunk of flesh, losing my grip on his neck. He rolled, dislodging my much smaller form and took off into the woods.

I backed away, shifting into my human form. Once I was back into the den I sat criss-cross applesauce near the entrance waiting for my handsome male to come back.

Jaxton's tall form took up the entrance to the den about ten minutes later. His nose was twitching as he looked at me, just a few feet away from where he stood. I hadn't moved from my post and looked up into his angry face. He could smell the male on me and probably smell his blood. I hadn't bothered to remove the hunk of flesh from our little piece of heaven.

"What the fuck happened?" His voice was surprisingly gentle, contrasting with the fire that burned in his eyes.

"Red male wanted me," I said with a sigh glancing where I knew a piece of him sat, "Sadly for him, I wasn't interested...he didn't want to take no for an answer."

"Are you okay little one?" He moved from the entrance to where I was sitting.

"I'm okay, he might not be, I took a chunk out of his neck." I frowned trying not to let my lip wobble. It wasn't in my nature to fight, I liked calm and warmth not fighting in the cold, it made me feel wrong. I took deep breaths trying to keep the tears in, telling myself the male deserved it. Sadly that didn't help and I let out a sob, my throat clenching and big fat tears rolling down my face.

"Oh no no princess please don't cry I'm here you're safe please don't cry." Jaxton plopped down next to me and pulled me into his arms rocking us gently back and forth. "Please don't cry beautiful I'm here for you. I'm so sorry I took too long. Come on, beautiful just take deep breaths it'll help I promise."

I giggled through the tears at his explanation and tried to take deep breaths focusing on his warm chest pressed against mine. I snuggled myself into him and he picked me up placing his strong hands on my ass still being careful of my tender side. I tried to move away from him. Only when I felt his hands on me did I remember that I was very much naked.

"Shh, it's okay, little one," he moved his hand away from my ass sliding it up to rest on the small of my back, his other hand resting on my thigh. "I am not going to do anything you don't want. Let me just comfort you okay?"

I nodded and placed my hands on his back and my head on his shoulder. His beard pressed against my cheek and the tears slowly stopped. I rubbed my face against his beard loving the way it scratched at my soft skin. It gave me something else to focus on and at the same time was putting more of his scent on me.

I could feel his grin as I continued to rub my face against him like a cat. I started to tire myself out and let myself go limp against him. His arms tightened around me and the hand that was on my thigh started stroking my hair calming me even more and sleep started to take over.

Jaxton kept petting my hair and just when I started to fall asleep he began talking, softly whispering sweet nothings into my ear. He told me I was beautiful and so strong, he told me he was amazed that he was allowed to hold me. I fell asleep in his arms, a small smile on my face, and his warmth surrounding me.

Chapter 8 is finished but I am going to wait till chapter 9 is almost done before it gets posted.

Happy reading😁