Chapter 31

The woman turned to see who was coming through the door and I kicked my leg out. Slamming my foot into the back of her knee and watching her stumble then fall. Jaxton locked the bathroom door and stared down at the woman on the floor.

“Jaxton?” She asked quietly, slowly rising to her feet.

“Carla,” Jaxton growled, “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?”

“She is the new assignment.” Carla said, pointing at me still sitting on the floor.

“What do you mean she is the new assignment? She is an Omega. Killing or hurting one means death. Who gave the assignment?” Jaxton asked, his cold voice giving me chill. God I’m so glad he never talks to me like that.

I pulled myself off the floor and Jaxton walked over to me. He wrapped a large arm protectively around my shoulders. The woman narrowed her eyes and I got the feeling that this was one of his former flames.

“The Elders sent Brad to give me the papers on her.” Carla rolled her dark brown eyes. “She is a target now, and it’s worth a lot to get rid of her. They said she is trying to destroy the Refugee pack, she needs to be killed before she kills anyone else.”

“What do you mean kills anyone else?” I asked.

“You killed Matthias who was on his way to the Refugee pack after leaving his old pack.” Carla sneered at me, apparently disgusted with my existence. “They said you abused your Omega status to lure him into your house and then slaughtered him on your front lawn.”

“Okay, he broke into that house and was trying to claim and mate me when I didn’t want it or him. He was my ex who abused me for years and I did what law says I have the right to do and tore the fucking bastard apart!” I snarled in the humans face and Jaxton pulled me back into him, calming me down and soothing my anger.

“She killed him because he deserved it, not because she just wanted to.” Jaxton said to a confused looking Carla.

“That can’t be right…” Carla said quietly. “The files said-”

“The files were wrong.” Jaxton said, his back straightening and he seemed to be coming to the same conclusion I had.

“Jaxton.” I looked at him with wide eyes.

“I know, little one, I know.” Jaxton said biting his lower lip to keep it from wobbling.

“Carla,” I looked at the worried woman across from me. “Do you think you could help us with something?”

“What do you need?” She asked. I looked to Jaxton and he nodded agreeing to whatever plan was forming in my mind.

“I need you to spread the word about this to all the other assassins. The Elders have been abusing their power and need to be taught a lesson. Tell them about how they sent you after an abused Omega who was just defending herself.” I pushed my hair out of my face, dominance pouring off of me.

“Adalyn and I are going to meet the Alphas. We are going to tell them what the Elders did,” Jaxton paused, thinking, “Can we have the file they gave you?”

“Yeah, of course,” Carla pulled a manila folder out of her leather jacket, handing it over to Jaxton. “I’ll spread the word, and I’ll make sure they do the same. What are we going to do about this though? Do you want us to kill them?”

“No,” I said, “That’s not for you to decide. It’s our job.” I looked to Jaxton and he nodded in agreement.

That’s what we had found out once Jaxton had shifted back. We looked in the alpha’s private library and found out what I am. What he had become… all because of me.

I was the judge and jury. An omega chosen and made by the Goddess to be something different. I was here to get justice and Jaxton was my executioner. Someone that I had chosen to defend and protect me and help purge the packs of the Elders.

“It’s your job?” Carla asked.

“It’s our job.” I said my eyes turning that unholy black. “I am chosen by the Goddess to correct the errors that have been made. I will find the truth. My executioner will help me correct the wrongs made.”

“I am here to protect and serve the Chosen.” Jaxton said, his voice getting deeper when he let his eyes turn white.

Carla took a step back and nodded before racing out of the bathroom. I finally believed that she would spread the word about what had been done. The Elders had no idea what was coming for them.

Jaxton and I left the bathroom, he grabbed the food off the counter before heading into the limo. He knocked on the window to where the driver sat and told him our next destination. My old pack. It would be better to start somewhere we already had an in with.

Jaxton came back over to me and handed me my drink and bagel. He pulled out his stuff too and started sipping on his large ice coffee. I tilted my head, how are we going to take down the Elders. Would he really be okay with killing the people who helped make him into the wolf he is today?

“Hey, little one,” Jaxton called, moving over to where I was sitting, “Everything is going to work out okay? I’m here for you no matter what, I love you princess.”

“I love you too,” I leaned into him and took a sip of my coffee. “I’m sorry I chose you to be my executioner. I hadn’t known I had done it.”

“Do you know when it happened? I’m glad I get to be the one to protect you and do the things that you need. Don’t worry I wouldn’t change this.” Jaxon said, kissing the top of my head, gosh he is so sweet.

“Uh… I think it happened when you crushed Matthias’s paw. You only did it because I wanted you to, so I’m guessing that’s when it started. I think the bond between us solidified when you killed Lola to protect me though. I just want to know why the Goddess chose me…”

“You were chosen because you’re strong and kind and not afraid to do the right thing even if it’s hard.” Jaxton nuzzled into me, “You’re amazing. You’re beautiful and you know what to do. When the time comes you will find the truth.”

“Thank you, Jaxton.” I cuddled into his warmth and started eating my bagel.

He makes me feel so good and happy. I’m glad I accidentally chose him, I’m glad he is the one that is going to be by my side through everything. Though we aren’t mated yet… I need to fix that…

“Hey Jaxton?” He looked at me, one eyebrow raised. “Can we stop at a hotel tonight? I didn’t sleep very well last night and I don’t want to show up to my family all ruffled and stuff.” If tonight goes the way I want it to I will be a lot more than ruffled.

“Of course.” Jaxton gave me an evil smile and I felt certain parts start getting excited. Oooo this is gonna be fun.

The inappropriate parts of the book will have warnings in front of them.