Chapter 19

Jaxton led me into a six car garage that took up some of the first floor of the pack house. He grabbed a pair of keys from the hook and led me to the sexiest car I had ever seen. It was a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro, it was dark blue and god I was in love.

    Jaxton grinned at my excited look and opened the door for me waiting for me to slide in before closing the door gently. He got in and started up the fabulous piece of machinery. He opened the garage door and Jaxton slowly pulled out heading down the road carefully.

    I watched him smile and wave at kids playing on the side of the road. I turned and saw a mix of males and females fighting in the field and standing in front of them was a large male with light brown hair. His posture looked serious and I couldn’t help but wonder who he was.

    “That’s the Gamma Silas, he really isn’t as tough as he looks.” Jaxton said, glancing over at me.

    “Oh… not what I imagined to be honest.”

    “Yeah, I’ve known him for a long time and he is never what I imagined either.” Jaxton pulled to a stop in front of the gate, leaning out of the window to punch in a code. The gate opened moments later.

    He grinned over at me once we got past the guards, then we were speeding, rolling down the windows and laughing in delight together. He only slowed down when we hit the main road, our laughter fading. I studied him, wondering if there was anything I didn’t like about him.

So far though… nothing, not one thing that I didn’t like. Everything about him was like it had been made for me. The way his hand fit in mine, the way he was able to tuck me under his chin, the way he could wrap himself around me.

If soulmates were real I bet he would be mine. I loved everything about him, I really liked the way his beard felt against my skin. It wasn’t just that though… who wouldn’t be falling in love with someone so kind right?

“Where are we going, handsome?” I asked, my excitement bleeding through my voice. It might be fun to get some new clothes… I hope he didn’t expect me to pay for anything though…

“There is a small human town nearby and I thought we could check out the stores there. Don’t worry about the money by the way I am gonna cover anything you want so get whatever you’d like. Once you start working with August you’ll be getting your own salary.” Jaxton glanced at me before turning back towards the quiet road.

“Thank you.” I paused and looked out the window towards the town slowly coming into view. “I think this will be the first time I have fun shopping.”

“I hope it is fun for both of us.” Jaxton said, slowing down even more as we drove into the sleepy town. There were a few people walking down the street, some coming out of a brunch place called Onions.

Jaxton pulled into a parking spot in front of a small clothing store called Little Tags. God this town had some horrible names for their stores. It looked nice though and as we got out of the car I could see three women and one man inside, looking at the clothes.

    Jaxton entwined his hand with mine and I tried to enjoy it while it lasted. Once we got back to his pack I would have to deal with everything happening with Alpha Cassian and Matthias. Now though I am going to let myself enjoy being in my male’s company.

    “What are you looking for, princess?” Jaxton asked me, looking around at the dresses and other clothing options.

    “Just about everything.” I said moving towards the jeans stacked on a table near the back of the store.

    Jaxton let go of my hand and let me start moving around the store offering to hold the clothes I picked out. I had grabbed three pairs of jeans and six shirts before moving towards the dresses. Jaxton kept quiet, seemingly happy to hold my things and watch me quickly go about the store.