Chapter 15

I blushed and held my dirty clothes closer to my chest. Jaxton rubbed the back of his neck and started looking at everything but me. My feet were freezing on the wooden floor and I shuffled around nervously.

    “I’m sorry, princess.” Jaxton looked at the floor guiltily.

    “Why are you sorry, handsome?” I asked. It wasn’t a crime to check out someone you thought was attractive. Right?

    “I shouldn’t want you this much when I am supposed to court you first, and I don’t want you to feel like you’re just sex to me.” Jaxton finished with a sigh.

    “I don’t feel that way Jax.” I walked closer to him and placed my hand on his cheek. “Thank you for caring so much, but try not to worry. If you’re upsetting me I’ll let you know.”

    “Thank you. Uh… I left some of my clothes on your bed, I can put you dirty ones in with mine if you’d like?”

    “Of course, thank you. Do you still need to take a shower?”

    “Yeah… I just needed to wait till you were finished. Oh hey Marco dropped off the bandage and some more ointment for you. I might be a while in the shower, so I’ll meet you downstairs if you’d like?”

    “Okay, that sounds nice.” I turned around and headed into the room I was to occupy.

    I closed the door softly behind me and let the towel drop to the floor. I decided that now would be a good time to examine my living space more closely. I let my body air dry as I made my way around the room.

    I noticed a door next to the large bed that I hadn’t seen before. I opened it excitedly and found a closet with a large mirror at the back. It was a decent sized walk in and had absolutely nothing inside it.

    Normally I always wore jeans from American Eagle, but I kind of wanted to look soft and feminine for Jaxton. I wanted to wear pretty dresses for him and slow dance in the kitchen while we cook together. Matthias made me think that I didn’t have the right body type to wear dresses… and he got angry because when I did other males would look at me.

    I sighed and walked out of the closet. Jaxton had given me some neatly folded clothes and left them on the edge of my bed. He had given me a batman t-shirt and loose basketball shorts. I dressed myself quickly, shifting around uncomfortably with the lack of underwear to protect my delicate parts.

    I headed downstairs my wet hair dampening the back of the shirt. I trailed my hand over the stone walls as I walked into the TV room. Hunger had started gnawing at my stomach and I wondered if Jaxton would want to eat anytime soon. I curled up on the soft couch and made myself comfortable.

    I shot up and ran up the stairs. I had completely forgotten to call my family. I rushed into my room, grabbing my phone from where it had been charging on the desk. I turned it on and quickly called my sister. It rang once before she picked up.

    “Adalyn?”

    “Hi, Zoe.”

    “What happened? Why are you calling? How are you calling? Did you get claimed?”

    I proceeded to give her a run down of everything that happened and where I was.

    “Wow…” Zoe said, awe clear in her voice, “So he really hasn’t claimed you? Jeez. You guys are going the old fashioned way I guess…”

    “He is so sweet to me Zoe.” I smiled and started twirling my hair around my middle finger, “Instead of throwing tantrums when I get hurt he holds me and comforts me, makes sure I’m okay.”