Chapter 9

I turned to look where he was staring and froze. A large black wolf was standing there looking curiously at Jaxton kneeling over me. I felt fur brush against my bare chest and the low rumble from my wolf increased in volume. Jaxton was pissed at the interruption and shifted into his wolf. His furry body now covering my naked form. 

Jaxton was crouching down his eyes, never leaving the red ones of the alpha in front of us. I rolled over lying on my stomach and shifted. I stayed under Jaxton waiting for him to get off. There was one female besides me left. The large alpha might decide to go find her instead of trying to take me from Jaxton. 

Jaxton snapped his teeth at the male in front of us and the alpha snarled back. All of us froze when we heard a female cry, another girl being claimed. The alpha looked at me again with a steely determination in his eyes. He was going to fight for me. Jaxton stepped over me walking towards the alpha who must’ve been 20lbs heavier than Jaxton, and all of it muscle. 

Fear raced through me, my heart pounding. I whined, and Jaxton instead of looking away from the alpha hit me on the nose with his tail. He turned my whine into a snort of amusement temporarily distracting me from the fact that I could lose the male I’d been falling for. 

Jaxton walked past the alpha never breaking eye contact and my heart broke, he was leaving me to this strange male. I growled the fear turning to anger. The alpha looked at me seemingly surprised at how easily Jaxton was giving in. The alpha started walking towards me, his chest puffed out in pride at getting a female so easily. 

I growled snapping my jaws at the alpha in front of me. My normally calm nature hiding behind my rage at being left in the clutches of this baboon. The alpha growled in warning at my insubordination. I stopped growling, but refused to submit to him. 

The alpha fell forward as a large dark brown shape jumped on his back. Blood flew as Jaxton’s teeth made contact with the alpha’s shoulder. The alpha roared, turning to yank the other wolf off of him. The alpha threw him onto the hard ground moving to stand over the slightly smaller male. 

Jaxton bared his teeth up at the other male a wicked gleam in his eyes as the alpha stared him down. Everything slowed down and I waited for Jaxton to submit, to bare his throat for the alpha above him. I looked on as Jaxton clawed the alphas soft underbelly. Blood gushing down onto Jaxton’s dark brown fur. 

I couldn’t stand it anymore. Fighting was not my thing it was the one thing I was supposed to stop, my only job basically, though I still needed training. I stood tucking my tail tightly between my legs, my hackles raised. I let my eyes flash the light blue of an omega, baring my teeth at the alpha as I did. 

Both of the males froze completely staring at me in shock, neither of the males knew what I was. Man I was gonna be in trouble after this. I knocked my shoulder into the alpha’s, pushing him off of Jaxton. The alpha growled instinctively, but moved, keeping his eyes averted from my own. Almost as if he didn’t want to admit to himself what I was. Stupid alphas, they’re so hot headed and hate to be wrong.

I bit down the growl that wanted to escape focusing on the alpha. I shifted into my human form looking around for the pants Jaxton had dropped and the shirt that he might’ve brought back. I saw both in a ball near the back of the cave. I looked back up at both of the males, the alpha now sitting and Jaxton standing close to me and away from the alpha. 

“Shift,” I ordered sternly.

Both males gave me a look clearly not used to being told what to do. I glared at both of them and waited for them to obey my eyes still burning a light blue. Jaxton gave in first standing up tall and puffing out his chest. The alpha shifted moments later not to be out down by the beta in showoffiness.