Chapter 18

“Yeah,” Thoughts of stripping in front of the large male filled my head, “That sounds great thank you.”

    We finished up quickly and Jaxton told me the clothes Lola got for me were laid out on the green bed in my room. I put them on quickly, thankful for the new underwear even if they were a bit too big. I pulled on a pair of black jeans that chafed on my legs. I opted out of the red plaid button down in favor of the shirt Jaxton had given me yesterday.

    I found a pair of blue ankle socks that had fallen onto the floor and pulled them on too. I felt anxiety rising up and took a deep breath. Shaking hands and trembling fingers would probably trip the protective switch on Jaxton.

    I made my way down the stairs, each step feeling heavier than the last. Heading to the living room I found my phone on the glass table and shoved it into my back pocket. We had about 15 minutes till it was 9 and Jaxton was walking down the stairs now. I grabbed a piece of leftover bacon before heading to put on my shoes.

    “Still wearing my shirt?” Jaxton said bending over to slip on his black and red sneakers.

    “It’s comfy,” I finished tying the laces of my red converse and looked over at my male, “Plus isn’t it nice having me smell like you?”

    “It really is, though after last night you smell like me plenty,” Jaxton straightened up and looked at me, “Why did you end up in my bed last night anyways little one?”

    “I had a bad dream…”

    “What was it about, princess?”

    “I don’t want to talk about it Jaxton. I don’t want to remember. All you need to know is that when I was with you the nightmares went away.”

    “Would you like to stay in my room?” He opened the door for me and we headed outside. I took my time mulling over his question. We had decided it would be better if we stayed in different rooms, but I wouldn’t be able to sleep without having bad dreams. I might have nightmares where I’m with him or not… It’d be better if I could wake up and have him shush me back to sleep.

    “Yeah, that sounds great thank you.” Jaxton smiled down at me and tucked me into his side.

    It only took about 10 mins to reach the pack house where alpha August lived and had his office. Jaxton would have to get back to work soon, I wonder how busy he gets. Would I see him a lot or would I end up cast aside and only used when he wanted?

    Jaxton held open the door of the massive pack house for me, eyes of the two wolves in the doorway darting towards us. Jaxton stared them down until they went back to their discussion, my sensitive ears catching bits and pieces of it. Most of it consisted of wondering who I was and why the beta had his arms around me.

    We went up a wooden staircase and headed into the second door on the right. Large black letters burned into the wood. ALPHA. I had to stifle the giggle, but hey it was effective right? I wonder if they will have to make an office called OMEGA. Or maybe this peaceful pack got to be so peaceful because they had the guidance of an omega.

    Jaxton knocked on the door and a muffled come in sounded. He opened the heavy door and ushered me inside. His large chest pressed against my back and his arms coming around to encircle me. I felt some of the anxiety ease up when he started drawing small circles on my stomach.

    “Hello, Adalyn.” The alpha greeted up with a cheerful grin.

    “Hi, Alpha August.” I pressed myself back into Jaxton and he rested his head on top of mine in response.