Chapter 20

My cuddles with Jaxton on the couch were interrupted by a loud knock on the heavy wooden door at the front of the house. I quickly pushed myself away from Jaxton and stood up straightening my shirt. My beta growled lowly when I shoved myself away, his possessive side rearing its head.

He stood and pulled me into his side, his large arm holding me as close to him as he could get. I tried to move away from him, but he just held me. The wolf is getting more possessive with the knowledge that another male would be in what he considers our den.

“Come on, your friends are here and I want food.” I said, my sensitive nose beginning to smell the yummy scent of a good meal.

“Alright, sorry princess, I just want you all to myself right now.” He sighed letting me pull him towards the door.

“Hi,” A short blond female said when Jaxton finally opened the door. Her vibrant green eyes looked me up and down slowly and it finally clicked why she wasn’t interested in Jaxton.

“Hi,” I responded, trying not to tuck myself into Jaxton’s side again. I was strong, I didn’t need to cower behind my male, though I did keep a tight grip on his hand.

“Lola,” She said holding out her hand and stepping inside. I gripped it firmly letting go of Jaxton’s hand to shake hers. She grinned and kicked off her shoes before stepping past us. “Silas should be here soon, he had to talk to Seth about something that happened in the ring.”

“Okay, why don’t we start getting stuff set up in the living room, and pick out a movie?” Jaxton asked, trying his best not to hover near me.

“Ooo we are having a movie night?” I asked excitedly.

“Yeah,” Lola said with a smile on her face as she placed the large bag of food onto the glass table, “Aren’t you guys freezing? Why don’t you put the fireplace on?”

“I’ll do that,” Jaxton said, coming out of the kitchen with a few paper plates, he tossed them onto the table before turning on the fireplace.

I unpacked the massive bag of chinese food, giggling happily when I saw the sushi. Lola flopped down on the arm chair and made herself comfortable. Jaxton left to open the door when there was a loud knock and I flopped down on the couch, mimicking Lola’s actions.

Jaxton returned with a tall blond male following behind him, the male’s eyes were a deep rich brown and they immediately met my green ones. I guess I shouldn’t be calling my eyes green, they are more of a green/brown.

Silas definitely seemed intimidating and I couldn’t understand how that massive wolf would ever be considered friendly to anyone. He moved to the end of the couch and my male sat between us. Jaxton scrolled through the movie options slowly before he and Lola decided on Spaceballs.

They had both asked Silas and I what we wanted and I had agreed to Spaceballs while Silas had shrugged and continued to sulk in silence. We passed food around and somehow ended up eating all of it half-way through the movie.

Jaxton held me close and paid attention to the movie while Lola asked me questions about myself and my life before I had come here. I could tell Silas was listening to my quiet conversation with her half-heartedly. The large blond wolf paid more attention when I told the female how I had become an omega, Jaxton’s only response was to start tracing invisible patterns on my stomach.

    The evening ended after Jaxton convinced us to watch a few episodes of Avatar before Silas left, shaking my hand and giving me a gruff ‘nice to meet you’ before he left. Lola did the same a few minutes later, she helped clean up before she went and told me to visit her at the library when I could.