Chapter 16

This one is going to be short again, but here ya go.

Jaxton’s POV

    Her nails scratched against my scalp in an effort to pacify me. I have to say she was doing a pretty good job, it hurt that she wanted to keep what he said from me. It made insecurities rise up inside of me and I hated that. I hated she tried to keep it from me, I hated that I left when she needed me, I hated that I had been so close to losing control.

    I just wanted to protect her, why wouldn’t she let me do that? I rumbled in pleasure as her fingers scratched a particularly sensitive part of my scalp. I stood on the bed, my wolf towering over her small form and leapt off the bed gracefully. I padded softly to the bathroom, nosing the door shut behind me.

    I shifted and pulled on the red basketball shorts I had forgotten in here a while ago. Stepping out of the bathroom I saw my female’s sad face, my stomach turned as guilt ate at me. Those feelings disappeared when she looked up at me lighting up in joy and hope. God, those green eyes could bring any wolf to his knees. 

    I walked over to her and pulled the small wolf into my arms. Her softness felt so good against me and I just wanted to kiss her silly and make her feel as good as she makes me feel. I started playing with her hair wincing everytime my fingers got caught in a knot. I should brush her hair for her and maybe order a pizza for us.

    “I’m sorry little one,” I held her closer to me, “I shouldn’t have reacted like that. I was just upset that you wanted to keep it from me.”

    “I’m sorry Jax,” She tried to pull away from me only stopping when my arms tightened around her. “I just didn’t want to make you upset, which I clearly failed at. Matthias-”

    “Please princess… not right now.” I just wanted to hold her. I didn’t need to hear about that jackass when I was so close to losing control. 

    “Okay, sorry Jax.” 

    “Don’t be sorry princess, I just want to make sure you’re okay. I’m sorry for running off, I just felt so angry that another male was staking his claim on my female.” My voice turned guttural at the end of my mini speech and my eyes burned from trying to keep them hazel.

    “Oh… Well you really don’t need to worry about that. I hate him and I want you. I would never go to someone else when I have you, as long as you’re mine, I’m yours. Body, heart, mind, and soul.” She kissed my bare chest softly, causing goosebumps to spread all over my skin. 

    “Why don’t we go downstairs and I can make up for my ridiculousness with a pizza and if you’d like I can brush your hair for you?”

    “That sounds great. Thank you Jaxton.” God I loved the way my name sounded on her lips. 

    “Why don't you head downstairs and I’ll put on a shirt and order the pizza?”

My female nodded her head and left the room not bothering to hide her appreciation of my bare chest. I quickly got on my phone to call one of the local human pizza joints, ordering mozzarella sticks and a large pepperoni pizza. I pulled on a plain black shirt before heading into the bathroom grabbing the wet brush Lola had gotten me when I first started growing out my hair.

    I quickly headed down the wooden staircase and into the living room frowning when I saw my Adalyn staring at her phone. I sat down next to my pretty female and glanced down at her phone. She was staring at the message Matthias had sent her, swallowing down the rage I focused on her. 

    I could smell the bitter tang of fear seeping through her skin, my first instinct was to pull her close to me and try to keep her happy. Something was telling me she needed to talk not be held. 

    “He won’t take you from me Ada.” My voice was strong and confident, I just hoped she believed me.

    “He keeps getting my number, Jax. I don’t even know how…” I hated how upset she was and I hated even more that I wasn’t helping.

    “Ada. He can’t get you. I’m sorry he does this, but it’s just empty threats. Even if he does I will be here to protect you, though I have the feeling you don’t need it.”

    “I dunno about that, but thank you for the support.”

    “Always princess, now… would you like me to brush your hair?” I held up the hair brush and my little female turned around so I could start brushing her hair. 

    Adalyn’s hair that I thought had been a light brown had turned blonde with brown streaked through it. Her hair was soft as silk and the brush went through it easily after a few tries. I was kind of amazed at how quickly her hair dried while mine was still wet and wouldn’t be dry for awhile.

    I loved how she smelled like me, the mix of wearing my clothes and having washed her hair with my shampoo and conditioner was perfect. I resisted the urge to bury my face into her hair and kept brushing. I started softly humming Put Your Head On My Shoulder and smiled at the old song. Adalyn joined in and I could hear the smile in her voice.

    Everything would be okay between us even if we fought I knew that we would work it out. This kind of feeling was a once in a lifetime thing. I noticed the chill in the air for the first time and realized that my Ada was probably freezing. 

    “Is it okay if I put on the fireplace? We could watch a movie if you’d like?” I put the brush on the table waiting for her response.

    “That sounds great, thank you Jax.” Adalyn turned towards me as I started getting up. “What do you wanna watch?”

    “We can watch anything you’d like, little one.” I responded while turning on the fireplace on high with the switch. 

    “Anything?” I nodded in agreement and an evil smile spread across her beautiful face. “Okay then we should watch both of the Kissing Booth movies.”

    “The what?”

    “The Kissing Boo-”

    Adalyn was cut off by a knock at the door and both of our heads twisted towards it.

Anyone else love Jaxton?