Chapter 33

“Princess?” I heard Jaxton’s deep voice rumble in my ear, my neck aching from the weird angle it had been bent.

“What?” I groaned and buried my head into his firm chest hiding from the world in him. My safety.

“We are here, it’s 11:57. We need to get inside now. Everyone should be there.” Jaxton grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the limo quickly walking towards the grand entrance way of the large mansion.

“You remember the plan?” I asked briefly, wondering where the guards bodies had been put.

“Yeah, before you woke up Carla called. The guards have all been taken care of and now they are stationed outside of the meeting room doors.” Jaxton and I raced down a long hallway the seconds speeding by as he led the way.

We reached a large doorway, the doors themselves were beautifully carved. I wanted to trace the carvings with my fingers. It was carvings of the night sky, one wolf on each door howling up at the full moon. I could feel Jaxton moving to open the door, but I stopped him looking closer at the wolves.

The one on the left was smaller than the other, and crowns were carved into the fur on their foreheads. They were images of us. In our new shifted forms, apparently the legend of the truth finder and the executioner were more well known than I thought.

I nodded to Jaxton and he nodded to our assassins standing next to the doors. They heaved open the heavy doors and quickly the eyes of 22 males and females fell upon us.

“Well, what do you think you are doing here?,” A tall male sitting at the head of the long table stood. “Wolves, this is the female who has been slaughtering refugees. Killing innocents that just wanted to find a new home.”

I watched as the alphas stood glaring at me, one female with fiery red hair had her face twisted into a snarl. The tension in the room built. This male seemed to be good at weaving lies, and he was the lead Elder.

Even the alphas bowed to the Elders, they were supposed to be wise and kind. They were the keeper of knowledge, but over the years they had turned greedy. Spending too much time in power.

“That’s not true.” Jaxton growled, his anger flaring. “I am Jaxton Myles Thatcher, former assassin for the Elders. I was given files on different members of your packs and even some humans, then I would do as ordered and exterminate them.”

“That’s true.” The male at the head of the table said, talking over the shocked gasps. “We have trained assassins to take out those members of your pack who were trying to create war between the packs.”

I felt my eyes burn from every lie that flowed so easily from his mouth. The powers I had been gifted were changing, evolving… and now I was being stared at. Well I guess now is as good a time as any…

“I am the Truth Finder,” I spoke in the ancient voice and let my eyes turn into the unholy black of my wolf. I raised a hand and pointed at Jaxton, “This is the Executioner. We are here to right the wrongs that have been committed by the Elders.”

I looked to Jaxton noticing a weight on my head that hadn’t been there before. We were wearing crowns made of bones, carved delicately so they locked together in a gruesome art form.

“Stay quiet and listen to the Truth Finder.” Jaxton’s eyes glowed white, and the alphas sat down and waited for our next move. The male that had been looking so confident was going pale with fear. The other Elders shifted in their seats nervously.

I walked to the lead Elder slowly letting claws form on my hands as calm flowed over me. Time to give justice to all the wolves and people they decided had gotten too close to the truth. I reached the head of the table watching him take a step back, his eyes meeting mine.

“Did you order the death of werewolves?” I asked, my voice cold.

“Yes.” the male wheezed out, anger lighting in his eye at having truth stolen from him.

“Why did you have them killed?”

“Some of them were killing for fun.” He ground out. Memories of Lola flashed in my mind, but I focused on the task at hand.

“And the others?”

“They found out we were stealing money from the packs, and they wanted to expose us.” The Elder snarled at me, “Others found out that we were killing any Omegas that we could. The more Omegas that were helping the packs the less need they had for us.”

Shock rippled through the alphas and I could feel their need to kill pulsing through them.

“How many?” I asked, tilting my head to the side and wrapping my hand lightly around his throat. “How many Omegas were killed by your assassins on your orders?”

“Twenty-seven Omegas.”

“How many innocents that got too close to the truth did you have murdered?” I watched the Elder cower, satisfaction ran through me in the way he bent to my will so easily.

“Over 200.” I felt Jaxton’s angry presence over my shoulder, the rage from him almost soaking into my skin. The anger to my calm, the fire to my ice.

“Who was involved in this?” I asked, the calm in my voice putting all of the Elders on edge.

“All of us.” The tall, no longer confident male said. I turned from the weak willed male and faced the alphas.

“You have heard for yourselves what the Elders have done. What they would have continued to do if we hadn’t found the truth.” I looked around slowly. “They committed the crimes, and now it is time for the punishment. Executioner. Their punishment is death, so the goddess herself can decide what to do with their souls.”

I turned to Jaxton, watching him shift into his massive black wolf, the white crown catching my eyes. Then he moved to the head Elder tilting his head and giving a wolfy grin at the scared male. He bared his teeth, then struck.

His beautiful white teeth ripped through the other male before starting on the others. I watched with glee as they tried to run from him, but the doors were closed and they couldn’t escape. He caught them one by one and sent their souls to the Goddess for judgement.

Jaxton’s black fur was covered in blood, it made his fur stick to him and god I wanted to help him clean it off. Still there was more to do here.

“All of you leave.” I said quietly, catching the attention of the alphas around me. “The Elders are gone and we are your new council. We have things to be sorted out, but we will have another meeting at the end of this month. So join us again in three weeks and have your questions be answered.”

The alphas hesitated, looking around at the dead bodies covering the room. Their eyes lingered on my male, a snarl still on his face as he waited for anyone to defy me.

The alphas nodded and quickly left the roomsome of phones to call for rides. Even after everything the alphas still held their heads high in pride. I’m glad my male isn’t that full of himself.

Once they left Silas and August walked into the room. August had a possessive arm wrapped around the other male a wicked grin on his face. Silas stayed silent only a slight twitch of a smile on his lips as he surveyed the hell Jaxton had wrought.

The weight on my head disappeared when I let myself shift back fully to my human form. August and Silas walked over to me ignoring Jaxton now laying down on the white marble floor.

“Can you guys clean this up?” I asked them looking at Jaxton’s art work.

“Yeah,” Silas answered before his mate could, “Jaxton has the third floor to himself, so he can lead you there and you guys can get cleaned up.”

Any thoughts?