Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to RikaH15  

I gave Jaxton a curious look as he headed towards the door. Jaxton opened the door and I saw a tall male standing in the doorway before Jaxton moved so the wolf’s view of me was blocked. I decided not to give into my need to be a hermit and got off the couch.

     Jaxton glanced over to me and opened the door wider giving the other wolf a clear view of my much smaller form. The male at the door was built like Jaxton with broad shoulders and large muscles everywhere. The male had dark blue eyes and black hair that made it look like he had just rolled out of bed.

    He was very attractive, but I didn’t think he even held a candle to my male. Jaxton pulled me into his side possessively not liking that the male at the door was showing interest in me. The male smirked and turned his attention back to Jaxton and I noticed the boxes in the large male’s hands.

    “Well who is this pretty thing you’ve been hiding?” the wolf looked down at me again and I pressed closer to Jaxton. Maybe coming over here was a bad idea.

    “August you better watch yourself.” Jaxton growled.

    “Oh hush Jax, you should know by now when I’m joking around.” Jaxton huffed in response, still tense and holding me as close as he could.

    “You should know by now when not to push me Alpha.” Jaxton’s voice was still rough and I started rubbing his back absentmindedly feeling his muscles relaxing underneath my hand.

“Alright fine.” The male looked down at me tucked into Jaxton’s side, “Who are you and what rank?”

“My name is Adalyn Mason, rank is uh…” I glanced towards Jaxton for approval and he nodded, “Omega.”

“Prove it.” Alpha August ordered me. Jaxton growled at the disrespect and Alpha August held up a hand the order clear.

“Okay,” My eyes flashed light blue and Alpha August’s eyes widened in response, he clearly expected me to be lying. He looked at the boxes in his hand before looking back to Jaxton, the seriousness in his expression disappearing. He looked so much younger with a smile on his face.

“That’s so cool!” He said looking down at me before turning to Jaxton, “You guys meet me in my office at 9am. I’m glad Jaxton finally has someone, Adalyn.”

Jaxton grabbed the boxes and August walked, Jaxton closing the door behind him. I sighed heavily, I really hadn’t expected the alpha to switch his emotions that fast. It had kind of given me whiplash.

“I’m sorry about that princess.” Jaxton said rubbing his face slowly before walking over to the couch and sitting down with a sigh. It was past 10 and way past bedtime.

“It’s okay… I just hope he won’t be that serious tomorrow.”

“Me too princess. He is normally a funny guy, always takes the pack very seriously though… too bad that is the side you saw first. I promise he is a good guy, you just have to get to know him I guess.”

“I’ll do that Jax, don’t worry about it. Let’s just watch the Kissing Booth okay? It’s on Netflix if you have it.”

“Yeah okay little one. I’ll put it on, why don’t you start eating before it gets cold, okay?”

“Okay thank you handsome.” I opened the smaller box and wiggled in delight when I saw heavenly, golden, still warm mozzarella sticks. Jaxton looked back at me from where he was grabbing the controller and smiled at me happily grabbing some of the cheesy goodness.