Chapter 1

CHAPTER I

Life was freakin' mess. Caroline could only toss and turn in bed, wondering if things would ever feel normal again.

She was smothered to death by Katherine and woke up as a vampire, Tyler was a hybrid sired to the almighty, psycho, cold-blooded murderer, havoc wreaker Klaus Mikaelson, who basically killed her best friend in a bloody ritual and was now using her as a blood bag... oh, and let's not forget Stefan was so fucked by now after months off with said Original hybrid she didn't even recognize him anymore, all cold and vengeful...

- Huh! Life sucks! And it's not only 'cause I'm a freakin' vampire! - she said jumping out of bed, tired of all the tossing and turning.

The blonde didn't even want to think about her birthday in a few days, always a reason to celebrate for her. I mean, before she was dead and turned into a vampire, frozen in time, a seventeen year old forever.

- This is going to be the worst birthday ever! Nothing is going right, and I'm not even really turning eighteen! - the girl said to herself, sadness all over her face.

The only thing capable of cheering her up in times like these were chocolate ice cream and all four seasons of her favorite TV show, which didn't include any supernatural creatures, she had enough of those in her afterlife already...

It was an 80's show called "The Time Travelers", and it was about a group of teenagers who would jump back and forth in time thanks to a time machine built by the nerd one of them. The show was so 80's it'd make her laugh hard.

The group, of course, had a beautiful cheerleader with whom all the boys wanted to go out, the nerd that helped everyone to cheat on tests in hopes of having a few friends, the jocker all built up that bullied the nerd and dated the cheerleader, the weirdo who didn't fit in and didn't care, and the best friend, supportive character whose one and only reason to be there was to listen to everyone, accompany everyone, fill the screen when needed...

It sounded cheesy and crappy, but she loved it exactly for that reason, it was the 80's, all crazy stuff would happen, and yet everything would turn out fine in the end. The opposite of her life, where everything seemed to go wrong in the end, no plans seemed to work, and problems just piled up.

🌿🌿🌿🌿

It was almost midnight when the doorbell rang. Caroline was asleep after the first season and took a while to get up.

When she opened the door she saw a nice old lady.

- Good night! Are you friend's with my mom? She's working but if you want to, you can leave a message... - assumed the girl since she had never seen the woman in her life.

- No, honey. I just took a wrong turn with my car and ended up in Mystic Falls. - answered the old lady with a sweet smile.

- Lucky you... - said the blonde sarcastically.

The woman frowned.

- I'm sorry, dear?

Caroline snapped out of her own misery, shook her head and explained:

- My apologies, it's just... Don't stay much longer in here, okay? Friendly advice, ma'am. - she offered before asking - So, can I help you with anything?

- I was wondering if there was a hotel or an Inn where I could check in for the night?

The vampire was always fond of helping others, her good heart was the main reason she held on to her humanity so tight.

She gave the woman the biggest smile and invited:

- Nonsense! You can crash in here! There's a guest room anyway! What is it for if not to have guests? Oh, by the way, I'm Caroline! What's your name?

- Morgana, honey. This is really nice of you, most people wouldn't do this! - she said sincerely.

- Well, I'm not like most people... "And you don't even know how much...", the blond thought to herself.

The teenager guided the woman through her house and showed her around. She then presented her to the guest room and made sure the lady had all she needed to be comfortable in there.

Amazed by the girl's sweet heart and candid nature, the old woman conspired: "This girl isn't like that bratty prince, she definitely deserves a reward...".