Chapter 25

CHAPTER XXV

When Caroline woke up the next day, she spotted a jewelry box on her nightstand. There was a small card which read "From Klaus". She opened up the box and saw the most beautiful bracelet she had ever seen. The girl smiled to herself, remembering how her Nik loved to give her presents. Except his were much simpler, but much more thoughtful, for he'd make them himself.

She got up from them bed and walked over to her wardrobe, opening it. The blonde reached for a round box on the top shelf, putting it on her bed.

Inside there were her memories of the past. All of Nik's sketches, Fluffy's carved miniature, among others, their wedding rings, and her beaded bracelet. She wondered if it would be a problem if she wore that. Could Klaus recognize his work if he saw it? Even if he did, she could she had bought it, period.

The girl tied it on her wrist, watching it lovingly. She then reached for the velvet box once more and stared at the expensive one in there. She couldn't help the smile when she thought they both had the same worth for her, for they were presents from her beloved one.

🌿🌿🌿🌿

Caroline got downstairs with her boy in arms. Stefan was already trying to feed Sarah, this time with mashed apples, but she was spitting most of it like usual.

She then spotted Elena having waffles, eggs, ands toasts. Never in her life had she seen her friend eat so much food for breakfast. Oh, boy, how hungry she was...

- 'Lena, have schedule your appointment with a doctor?

- Yes, Care. For the day after tomorrow. – she answered, still chewing – I'll have a checkup and an ultrasound to find out the gender. Will you come with me?

- Sure! I can't wait to know what you're having, so we can make a beautiful nursery. And, of course, I'll start organizing your baby shower! – declared the girl enthusiastically.

- When are you going to the doctor, Care? You need a checkup, too.

- I know, 'Lena. When the spell wears off, I'll go. If we don't tell the Originals sooner, in about two or three months there will be a visible bump, and I won't be shielded by the spell any longer.

Suddenly, the three heard someone yelling from the front door. The voice was familiar... It sounded like...

- Damon? – Stefan saw his big brother fighting the invisible barrier that was keeping him out of his own house – Trouble getting in?

- What did you do? This is my house, too, you can't keep me out!

The girls giggled, finding the eldest Salvatore's distress amusing.

- Now, it's my daughter's house, and I'm in charge of the inviting in, since I'm her dad. And I'm not sure I should invite you in, Damon... Maybe I should leave you outside, then you might learn a lesson about not stealing a coffin I intended to return... – the boy said in a calm tone of voice with a hint of mockery.

- C'mon, baby bro! I was only thinking of everyone's well-being! And I am returning it! I talked to Elijah, and he set up a meeting tonight, a dinner meeting actually, so I could talk to Klaus and present my own terms to give the coffin back.

- I already set my terms with him for that coffin, Damon! And I gave my word!

- I'm not changing anything, I'm just trying to add some! Besides, Klaus agreed to the meeting, and if he doesn't accept my terms, I'll return the coffin anyway.

The youngest Salvatore thought for a bit. If his brother was handing Klaus his coffin back anyway...

- Fine. But I will go with you. After all, I made a deal with Klaus, and I gave him my word he'd have three coffins back, not two!